Chapter 53: Connecting The Dots

"Want some blobs?" Ethan murmured against the skin of my shoulder.

I sniffled the air; coffee, bacon, and something sweet was already there. "Did you already make some?"

He shook his head sleepily while he pulled me back into his chest. "No–"

"Derek," I breathed out with a sleepy smile as Ethan nuzzled my neck.

I started to scoot out of bed to follow the enticing trail that the scent of coffee had made when Ethan pulled me right back to him with a cranky rumble. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Coffee," I muttered out. Ethan paused, thinking for a moment because we both were suckers for our morning cup of coffee, but he decided to flip me so I was on my stomach instead. Kissing up my spine, causing me to slightly arch into him while his hand grabbed a handful of my ass. "What are you doing?" I breathed out as my eyelids fluttered open, more awake as he nipped at my mark.

"A surprise sunshine," he murmured against my skin as he captured my lips, his hardness pressing against my rear that I pushed back against him as my own arousal started to grow more needed.

"Is this the only definition of surprise in your dictionary?" I asked while he ground himself slowly against me, drawing a soft moan from my lips.

He chuckled then kissed back down my spine, biting my ass cheek before he kissed it tenderly. "I don't see you complaining."

"True," I mused while I heard him move behind me, arms wrapping around my legs and pulling me backward. "Ethan?"

It was then I felt him there, licking me from behind and causing me to bite down into the pillows while his tongue worked in and out of me, every now and then stopping to suck on my folds while lost myself in the bliss of the moment. I couldn't lie, I was never going to complain about his surprises–ever, and this morning apparently I was getting a few surprises.

After the 'surprise' or 'surprises,' I showered quickly and made it downstairs to see Derek reading a copy of Sherlock Holmes while he sipped his coffee. He looked up and smiled at me, eyes tired and a bit red. Elliot had left this morning for his trip to the caverns with Frank's pack and I knew that the whole thing more than bothered Derek.

I walked over and hugged him before I looked over to see fresh Cinnamon scones cooling on top of the stove. "Scones? This is new."

"It's a new recipe that I wanted to try, there's bacon, and there are eggs too."

"You know he'll be alright, right?" I said gently.

Derek let out a shaky breath and nodded. "He linked me this morning and was more excited to see if he could get a bear than anything else. I just–those caves are just dangerous in themselves. They are all ice and basically one big floating death trap over the ocean that he could freeze to death in."

"I mean, does the cold bother you?" I asked carefully as I reached for a coffee mug. "Not to be insensitive, but I just–I guess I never thought of it."

Derek shrugged. "It can, but not as much as humans. What's more dangerous is how fast the water freezes. I'm more worried that he'll fall in, and then lose track of where he fell in and either the water will freeze or hell get lost and I mean we need air, we can't just hold our damn breaths forever and–"

"Derek!" He paused and looked at me before he let out a hot breath. "He'll be alright. He's been before and he doesn't have to go through pack land. Ok?"

He nodded before I turned to pour myself some coffee. "Scone?"

I smiled at him as I eyed the scones hungrily. "Absolutely, those smell divine." I went to the refrigerator and fetched my Coffeemate while Ethan trotted down the stairs; pouring in a little until it was just the right amount of creamy. "Well, did you sleep alright otherwise?"