Chapter 34: Supernatural Squad

"Luna where do you want these potatoes?"

I eyed it then looked over at the buffet that the gammas were putting together. "Um, hold on one second, ok?"

"Alright," the young blonde with light freckles said.

"Excuse me?" I asked as I walked up the group of gammas hurrying along.

They all stopped what they were doing and turned to nod respectfully at me. One looked around at the group then stepped forward. "Luna?"

"Yes, Foster right?"

"That's right," he replied with a kind smile.

"How long do you think until we should start setting the food out?"

He eyed the other gammas then the long kitchen counter. "Well, I would say an hour. We can start sticking food in the ovens though to keep them warm, otherwise, they will sit out too long."

"Perfect, thank you," I replied before turning back to the freckled blonde. "Ok, work with Foster and get anything finished before in an oven, but tell Patsy that she needs to slow down. We don't want food getting cold, ok?"

"She won't like that mam', she's got a way of doing things," she said warily.

I sighed. "Don't worry about her, if she gives you trouble, you come to me alright?"

"Yes Luna," she said while dipping her head.

"And Lizzie?"

"Yes, Luna?"

"There should be a lot left over right?"

"Definitely, Patsy cooked way too much."

I groaned inwardly. We needed to be careful with how much of our resources we were using. We could only hunt and make so many Sam's trips each month. Some people had their own gardens, but with a pack this big even those would not be enough. "Well, then whatever is left over I want you to save and serve for dinner and lunch for the next few days until it's gone."

"Will do Luna." She smiled and dipped her head again before walking over to Foster who was scrambling about in the kitchen.

I turned and walked back through the house that was close to being set up, not that we needed much, but I just wanted the furniture out of the way with so many people coming in and out.

"Mam?" Murphy called out to my left right before I started to trot up the stairs.

"Hey Murph, what can I do for you?" I asked with one foot on the first and second step.

"We've got patrols covered around the borders. Did you and Ethan want escorts for everyone?"

"Yes," I said with a nod. "I know they won't like it but we can't be too safe. If they give you trouble you link Ethan or I, alright?"

"You got it," Murphy said with a smile. "What about the witches?"

"Tikanni will get them to our borders, they can't run like us or the vampires unfortunately," I stated out loud before I began to chew on my bottom lip.

"What about those Gator's?"

"We have some?"

"Yup, just got them back from a machine shop, but they're as good as new."

"Yes that would be perfect, and Murph?"

"Yes Luna?"

"Do we have extra patrols to spare after everyone gets here?"

He wiggled his head back and forth. "It will be tight Luna."

"Ok," I sighed out. "Well, see if you can't get some assistance from Lusa or Tikanni, but I want people watching the witches non-stop."