Childhood Trauma

A small world... It is a small world if I could meet the one person I refuse to see for years at the one place we promised to never walk besides each other until death.

In all places he could be a class president, why did it had to be here?!
"You?!"

The man on the door froze on his spot, and with wide eyes he gawk at the sight of me sitting besides his homeroom teacher.

"Y-y/n?" with trembling voice he calls out my name.

"Jimin." I remember his name.

The name I tried so hard to forget, the one name that haunts me in my sleep.

Ever since we were born, everyone called us siblings from different parents. We were the hot topic of the neighbourhood. We were inseparable. If one wants to go right, then both must go right. Even though we were inseparable, it doesn't mean our parents were too.

Both of our families broke apart with different reasons. I was abused by my father, physically meanwhile Jimin was abused by his father, mentally. Eventually, his mother had enough of the gaslighting, she took the big decision to divorce her husband and took custody over her son.

After that, Jimin just disappears without even a small proper goodbye. That was the first time we were separated and it was on our 10th birthday. It was the first time I didn't get to see his chubby rosy cheeks smiling at me while wishing us a happy birthday before praying for our future together.

We promised to be together until we grow old but... nothing has happened even after 8 years of me waiting for his comeback.

He was only a small toddler who had the same birthday as me before but what the hell could change that cutie into this... nice fella?

My mouth drop at the sight of him. He has his black hair neatly combed, it's not too long but it's also not too short. It's the perfect length to hide his forehead. His chubby cheeks are gone but there's still a small sight of it... not so visible like it was before though. The colour of his eyes are darker now, or was it always been this dark before too? It's been so long since I last see him, breathing and living in my sight. It's always been in my head but to see him here, in front of me right now, is... mind blowing. The yesterday me would be laughing if I tell her a warning for todays surprise.

Suddenly Miss Lee claps her hand excitedly, "Oh! Jimin do you know y/n already?!" She asks with a wide grin.

Her loud voice pushes us back to the real world. I almost let myself fall deep into my memories with this young man.

Both of us look back at the smiling teacher and I notice from the corner of my eye, Jimin awkwardly smiles at her before nodding his head.

"We were neighbours when we were young."

"You're really a lucky little miss, aren't you?! Aah, my heart feels calmer if I let her go with you now." She dramatically holds her heart as she speaks.

I didn't want to be the judge person, but with the elegant looks she has, her loud personality does not match with her image at all.

"Jimin will bring you to your class now. Go on, follow your old pal." She holds both of my shoulders before pushing me towards Jimin.