The Older Friend

As soon as we arrive at our classroom, Jimin walks in first before me. I hesitate in my steps, I have to follow him too but for some reason, to know that I'm going to be sitting in the same class, the same school, and will be meeting the same people permanently makes my stomach hurt.

This is not my first time being a new student but... for some reason this time it feels fresh. It feels like the first time me transferring.

"Y/n..." Jimin whispers my name.

I look up at his concerned face and I know he can see my blood disappearing from my face, I look almost like a ghost, too pale from what I was before.

Holding my hand softly, he closes the small gap in the door and hides me from the sight of his classmate. Looking down at me with serious eyes, he squeezes my hand to give me a small comfort.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I give him a short reply before pulling back my hand from his grip. His fingers never once let go of my hand, tracing the palm of my hand as I pull back my hand,... he weirdly gives me a small electric feeling at the tip of my fingers.

Peeking from his shoulders, there's a full house of high school teenagers in the classroom. I really hope they can let me be alone until I graduate. I really don't want to make new friends.

"All of them are really nice. You don't have to worry about them."

I have to worry if you said they're nice!

I give him a tight smile before taking a deep breath. My ears capture him chuckling and I glare at his smiling face.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You."

"Why?"

"You didn't change at all little fireball."

My eyes almost pop out when he pats my head softly before walking inside the room.

In which nation did I give him permission to treat me like a kid?

Before I could argue with him, the door in front of me quickly disappeared and their view towards me was no longer blocked by any object or human. I am fully exposed as the new exchange student in their class and I am still not prepared mentally for this moment.

"Ah, Jimin. I was about to ask them where you were but as always doing your job as the class president, right?"

I'm guessing the eyeglass man is our teacher?

If only I wasn't too pressed about my hatred towards Jimin, I would definitely hold Jimin's hand as I make my introduction. I really hate the feeling of being exposed like this. I could feel all eyes on me and there was a loud echo of judgments laughing and mocking me from afar. I could hear it, but I can't see it.

My hands start to tremble, and I start asking myself the same questions every year. Until when will I be this weak? Tell me God when will I start learning how to protect myself from my own mind?

"Y/n." Jimin's voice slowly fades into my ear.

I blink my eyes tiredly, I feel confused and I feel lost. My head is spinning but I can't do anything about it. I stare forward with a shaky gaze towards the long classroom. This one class felt like a wormhole with millions of white eyeballs blinking with curiosity, hatred, and darkness.