Road Crossing, Meeting You

‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

"Again? Why do we have to move again? I think my butt going to fall off if we keep on doing this."

Her mother sighs tiredly at y/n's whining voice. She pats the seat beside her on the couch so her daughter could be closer to her. Even though y/n tries to make it seems like a light conversation but both of them know this topic is nowhere near a joke to make. Especially to y/n.

The teenager walked closer to her and while she walked toward her mother, her mind never stops telling her to stop being a dumb brat and just let the news pass by like always. It was an easy thing to do but her heart could not accept the fact that she needs to forget everything that happened here and reboot her life in another city again.

"If I have another choice other than this, I would take it instantly but..." Her mother couldn't finish her words without being overwhelmed by sadness. "Your father forced us to be like this. If I don't take this job then who will feed you?"

That damn bastard.

Y/n's eyes sting when she stares into her mother's teary eyes. Tilting her head upwards, forcing the tears to stay in there, and herself to look away. Taking a deep breath, she bravely looks back at her mother and holds her hand tightly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Why can't I just shut my mouth? It's not like mom is doing all of this for fun.

Everything that she's doing, and all the choices she chooses to pick have always been the best for her daughter. The fact that she could not do the simplest thing for her mother, disgust her. She should start learning to be more grateful for having a caring mother like her mother. Looking at herself in the mirror, right now, she feels like she does not deserve to be called her mother's daughter at all.

I'm just a whiny brat.

"No... Don't be like that. You are still a child, y/n. You have the right to whine, especially with me. Just stay this way, and express yourself more. That way both of us can understand each other." Her mother carefully touches her chin up, trying to meet her gaze with her daughter before her warm smile shines.

Y/n tries to give a genuine smile back to her, holding back the tears, and she nods her head. "Of course. It's only us together, right now anyways."

"That's my girl." Her mother happily sings before pulling her into a tight hug.

Her whole body melts into her warm hug. Stretching her long arms to hug her back and y/n glances up at her mother's peaceful face watching the television.

"But where are we going next?" She asks curiously.

"Seoul."

"Seoul? Do you mean to Korea?" The teenager excitedly jumps on the couch.