Chapter Three ~ Sapphire

Author's Note

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder, I won't be writing their Chinese names because I don't know how to write. 对不起。(Sorry.) ^_^

Anyway, enjoy!

Love, BluePearlEliza

Chio - Pretty

Waseh - A exclaimation

Steady - To go steady is to say that the girl and boy is offically in a relationship

Chapter Three ~ Sapphire

"Hi, I'm Lee Zhi Kai." The boy said, strucking his hand out for me to shake.

"Hi, I'm Sapphire-" I started to say before Emerald suddenly cut in "Hi! My name's Emerald Lioe Hui Wen. This is my twin sister, Sapphire Lioe Hui Min." She said, taking Zhi Kai's hand.

"Finally! I have been searching for you two. Quick, follow me or you would be late for class." Zhi Kai told us. He started running but stopped when he realised that we weren't following. "Didn't you hear me?"

"Right. Let's go." I said as I pulled Emerald towards Zhi Kai.

Along the way, Zhi Kai informed us that he was supposed to take care of us. "So if you need anything, just shout."

At class, a woman was standing infront of the class. Zhi Kai knocked on the door before entering.

"Why are you so late?" The woman asked, her hands on her hips.

"We got lost." I spoke up. I couldn't let Zhi Kai get scolded for something that I did.

The young woman softened. "You are our new arrivals, right? I'm Miss Lee. You and your sister would sit over there." She pointed to two tables near the back of the class. Emerald and I quickly went over.

"They are Sapphire and Emerald Lioe. Treat them nicely, okay?" Miss Lee told the class. A long, dragging "Yes." were heard. "Good. Let's.continue."

I put my pencil case on the table and felt someone tap the back of my chair. I turned and was greeted with the sight of a grinning Zhi Kai. "Hi."

I glanced to Miss Lee whose back was to the class. "Hi."

"You are very different from your sister." Zhi Kai whispered.

"I know. She's the exact opposite of me." I replied. It wasn't the first time people had said this to me. I had gotten used to it already.

"Tell you what, go recess with me and my friends. Bring your sis along, too." Zhi Kai suggested and my heart leaped. Recess with Zhi Kai? This is better than I had imagined.

***

Finally, recess arrived. I couldn't believe how tough the lessons were. The thought of having recess with Zhi Kai kept me going.

"Are you ready yet?" Zhi Kai asked, appearing suddenly at my table. At his side was a cute boy and a chio girl. I felt a bit angry. The chio girl was probably Zhi Kai's girlfriend. He was too cute to not have not have one. I forced a smile. "Ready."

"I'm ready, too!" Emerald answered cheerfully. I had told her about the recess plan earlier in class.

"Zhi Kai, you haven't introduce us yet." The girl told him. Waseh! Even her voice sounded like a wind chime. I thought to myself.

"Right!" Zhi Kai gestured to the girl and the boy. "This is Min Xin and her boyfriend, Guo Nan." Min Xin and Guo Nan waved and smiled.

Oh. Min Xin wasn't Zhi Kai's girlfriend. I mentally face palmed myself. Stupid!

"Guys? Recess already started." Guo Nan reminded us.

"That's right! Let's go!" Zhi Kai shouted. "Recess is only 30 minutes and the queues are long so we should hurry." He explained to me and Emerald.

As we quickly rush to the canteen, Zhi Kai, Min Fei and Guo Nan filled us in about information about HIHS.

After we had bought our food and had settled down, Emerald asked. "How long have you three know each other?"

"Well, I think we known each other since Primary One." Min Xin replied, tilting her head in a very adorable way.

"Min Xin, do you know how chio you are?" Guo Nan asked.

"Oh, Guo Nan!" Min Fei giggled.

Seeing our surprised expressions on our faces, Zhi Kai explained. "They just recently become steady so they're like a just married couple."

"Oh." Me and Emerald said in unison.

"Anyway, why did you transfer here?" I felt Emerald's guard went up.

"I didn't like my old school." She mumbled before getting up. "Gonna buy something." She said as a way of explaination.

"Okay...What about you?" Zhi Kai asked.

"Me? Emerald wanted to move so I followed her." I replied.

"Why do you always follow what your sister do?" Zhi Kai questioned.

"I...I..." I sputtered. No one had ever asked me this question before. "We're twins."

"True. By the way, are you free on Saturday? Me, Min Fei and Guo Nan are going out to Hougang Mall." Zhi Kai asked.

OMG. Is he asking me out? Zhi Kai must have sense my discomfort as he quickly added. "Like a group outing. You know. Among friends."

Oh. Sapphire, you're reading too much into it. I thought to myself. "Okay."

"Great!" Zhi Kai glanced at the clock on the wall. "Recess is gonna end soon. Where's Emerald? Oh, I see her now."

The five of us hurried back to class before the bell rang. Luckily, we arrived just in time to see the teacher enter.

I turned my head and saw Zhi Kai smiling. I smiled back. I can't wait for Saturday!