chapter four!

𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍, 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖉  )

Lydia was behind Jackson as he opened his locker, practically ignoring her presence, "It's just - we haven't really talked since that night and well - Jackson, can you, like, look at me for half a second?" Jackson sighed deeply and shut his locker, turning to face his ex.

"They said if you hadn't found me and carried me back, I could have died. So I just - I wanted to say thank you."

Jackson scoffed, "Lydia, we're not getting back together-"

Lydia looked at him shocked, "What?"

"-And just because I kept you from bleeding out on a field once, don't expect me to come running every time you start screaming-"

Lydia looked around her, completely shocked that that was what he thought she was trying to do; get back with him. As if. Elle had taught her to not need a man, she certainly wasn't going back to him of all people, "I never said-"

Jackson ignored her, "I'm not responsible for you. Okay? But I will give you one piece of advice. If I were you, I'd stay home tonight," he pushes past her but she wasn't finished.

Lydia tilted her head to the side, "What does that mean? What's tonight?"

Jackson smirked even though she couldn't see it, "It's a full moon."

*    *    *

Scott ran out of the school building just in time to see the squad car pulling away to go to the station with Isaac Lahey in the back, staring at him. He stopped still, not quite knowing what to do next, when Derek's car pulled up in front of him.

Derek rolled the window down, "Get in."

Scott looked at him in surprise and pointed towards the direction the squad car went in, "Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault,"

Derek looked down at the steering wheel, trying his best to keep his patience, "I know that. Now get in the car and help me,"

Scott walked down the steps so he was closer to the black car, "No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up,"

Derek looked back up at the beta, "Not when they do a real search of the house,"

"What do you mean?"

Derek sighed, "Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

Scott paused for a second considering the options when Derek opened the passenger door for him to get in. He realised this may be the only way to save him so he climbed into the black car and it sped off.