chapter eighteen!

𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍, 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

( 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓 )

Sheriff Stilinski leant on the side of his son's door as he watched him fiddle with his phone at his desk. "She left, huh?"

Stiles looked down, saddened again. "Yeah."

Sheriff raised an eyebrow as he remembered the lovely lady as the one Stiles was 'in love' with. "So is there, uh - Anything there?"

Stiles looked down at the desk, a worn expression on his face. "No. No, she's too good for me."

Sheriff frowned but didn't comment on it. "Ah. Listen - I know that getting beaten up, and with what happened to Jackson, has gotten you pretty shaken. But be happy about one thing. The game. You were amazing."

Stiles gave a sort of scoff and a chuckle, "Thanks, dad."

Sheriff dismissed him, "No, I mean it. Look, it was pretty much over. And then you got the ball, and you started running. You scored, and the tide just turned. And you scored again and again. You weren't just MVP of the game. You were a hero."

Stiles stared forward, blocking his dad from sight. "No, I'm not a hero, dad."

Sheriff patted him on the back, "You were last night." He left the room as Stiles thought over his words.

"I'm not a hero."

* * *

A baby blue jeep burst through the warehouse, breaking up the fight that was bound to happen, and drove straight into the Kanima that was a few seconds away from attacking Scott. The jeep stopped suddenly when it made contact and Stiles, who had his eyes closed and was breathing heavily, shouted out a- "Did I get him?" to Scott who grinned. Isabelle, who was in the front seat next to him, and Lydia in the back, let out small shrieks when the Kanima jumped up into the bonnet of the jeep. "Whoa!" Stiles shouted, arms flailing backwards.

Stiles screamed louder than the girls as they climbed out the jeep quickly. Stiles rushed over to Scott while Isabelle and Lydia stood by the open door of the jeep.

Lydia stood right in front of the Kanima with Isabelle at her side, holding on to her arm with their hearts beating a mile a minute. "Jackson! Jackson."

The Kanima pounced in front of the girls, holding out a clawed hand ready to slit their necks. Stiles rushed forward ready to take their place when Scott caught him keeping him still, "ISABELLE!"

"Wait."

Lydia held out their spare keys to Jackson's house in front of them so they're in clear view of the Kanima. As soon as the Kanima spotted the metal, it paused. The Kanima began to change form back into Jackson who took the key from Lydia as Elle backed away, letting them have their moment.

Elle went to stand with the others, not letting her eyes leave Lydia and Jackson in case things turned south. She felt a hand hold hers and turned to see Stiles stood there. She smiled watery at him and stepped back to be closer. She then held tighter onto his hand and meant in, head resting against his chest as she watched her two friends.

With tears running down her face and heart pounding and a sick feeling in her stomach, Lydia watched one of the most important men in her life find himself again. Everyone watched as he stepped away from them before being suddenly lifted into the air with two sets of claws in his stomach; one from Derek and one from Peter. The girls choked on their sobs before Lydia ran over to stabilise him, lowering Jackson to the floor gently.

Jackson looked Lydia in the eye. "Do you- do you still-"

Lydia nodded. "I do. I do still love you. I do, I do still love you." Jackson nodded once before looking at Elle, who pushed herself to the front, still holding Stiles' hand. She sobbed even harder and nodded back at him as he closed his eyes and rested his forehead on Lydia's shoulder as the strawberry blonde continued to whisper to him, "I do. I do. I do still love you, I do."

The werewolves, hunters, and human watched on as the two unidentified supernatural creatures hugged Jackson's nearly dead body. Lydia placed him down on the floor completely and the last of the scales disappeared. The strawberry blonde stood up from the floor and Elle made her way towards her when a scratching sound of claws come from Jackson.

His eyes flew open as a vivid blue colour as he stood up and let out a dramatic roar into the sky. His werewolf features disappeared as he stared at the girls in front of him. They both ran forward and engulfed him into a hug where he buried his head into their shoulders.