Chapter 2

[ Back to Present ]

                Lou was falling asleep when he heard their doorbell rang.

                “Can’t a boy like me get some sleep?” Louis mustered to himself.

                Opening their door, he didn’t expect to see Eleanor there with Danielle, Liam, Niall and Zayn. Breaking up with her doesn’t mean that she won’t be coming to see them anymore. She’s a member of their little group of friends, something that Caroline isn’t.

                “Hey Lou!” Zayn called out to him giving him a big hug being followed by Liam and Niall.

                “Hey there. What are you doing here?”

                “Well, we’re just giving you a little visit,” Eleanor answered.

                “Oh. Did you, uhm you know, tell them?” he asked El.

                “About your breakup? Well she cried on Danielle after you broke her heart. So the cat is out of the bag,” Liam answered.

                “Li, don’t you think you’re kind of being mean to him?” Danielle asked Liam. Danielle is really a sweet girl, she can’t even think of hurting a fly. Liam is very lucky to have her, she is so nice and everybody loves her.

                “It’s okay Danielle. It’s my fault. I deserved it.”Lou said with a sad smile on his face.

                “Just what are you thinking Lou? Why did you break up with her?” Liam asked again.

                “I’m just right here you know. You don’t get to talk about me like I’m not here.” Eleanor said.

                “I’m really sorry El.”

                “I know Lou. It’s not your fault that you fell out of love for me. I’m just not good enough.”

                “No El. It’s not like that. You’re beautiful, kind, nice, understanding and everything a boy could ask for a girl.”

                “But not for you.”

                “Maybe we should go outside for a bit,” Niall interrupted.

                “No, you stay here. I’m just leaving. I still need to buy some things.” Eleanor said.

                Eleanor began to walk out the door with tears forming in her eyes. She really love Louis so much. It pains her to know that she is not good enough for Louis.

                “El, please listen to me.” Louis walked toward her.

                Eleanor turned around and look Louis in the eye. Louis can now see the tears in her eyes.

                “I love you El but not in that way. I love you like a brother loves her sister. The way I feel for you is just like the love I feel for my little sisters. I’m so sorry El. The sparks were never there from the start.”

                Eleanor slapped him. “How dare you? I love you Lou. I love you so much that I can’t even hate you for what you did to me.”

                “I know. I’m so sorry. I know that you can’t forgive me right away but I hope that someday you’ll be able to forgive me. I’m really sorry El.”

                “Stop saying sorry when you don’t mean it! There’s nothing you can do for me to feel better. Why can’t you just love me?” Eleanor is now sobbing and Louis pulled her into his arms.

                “Sshh. Hush now. I don’t want to see you crying. I can’t stand to see you being hurt especially if I’m the reason. I promise you, someday you’ll find someone who will love you more than you love yourself. You’re going to find someone and he will make you feel like you’re the only girl in the world, the only one that matters.”

                “I don’t know how you can still make me feel better just by saying those words Lou. You really meant  a lot to me. I just hope that someday I can really forgive you. But seeing that you’re Louis Tomlinson, the sweetest guy I’ve ever known, I don’t think that’s hard.” El gave him a small smile.

                “Thank you El.” Lou kissed her forehead and Eleanor began to pull away.

                “So this is goodbye then?” she asked him.

                “No, this isn’t. This is just a new beginning of a wonderful friendship. Friends?” Lou asked.

                “Friends.” Then Eleanor kissed him on his lips. It’s just a peck though but it’d caught Louis and now he’s blushing deeply. “Still no sparks?”

                “Uhm. None.” Lou answered.

                “Aww. That sucks. Haha. Then, I really have to go now. Bye Lou!” Eleanor said as she ran outside.

                “Bye El.” Louis said cheerfully.

                Louis’ was really glad that their breakup is now really accepted by Eleanor. Now, just one more problem for him to solve. He can’t let anyone see through him. He won’t let anyone know the real reason behind his breakup with El. No one can know about his feelings for Harry.

TBC..xx

As always, tell me what you think. :))

Sorry if my chapters are short.