Love Olympus (12)

[ Venus's POV ]

I was numb.

I couldn't feel a thing as the ringing noise inside my ears overwhelmed my senses. A sinister tingle suddenly starting from my fingertips surrounded my body. It felt like a knife was jabbed into my heart at what just happened.

Krystal stood there looking just as breathless. Her eyes not leaving Brunos, as he did likewise.

I inhaled as the jab went further into my chest making me hold my breath.

The feeling was much more scarier and realistic as I gasped for air. I placed a hand on my chest feeling the pulses of my heart ready to explode. Shock claimed me, but something else enslaved me in that second. Something I haven't felt, yet in this competition. Something I thought I would never encounter.

Fear, but not just any kind.

An inferior type of fear.

Who and what I really was in this game. In this instance it struck me down as everything came crumpling down.

My hands started shaking as the pin point screech in my ears started to fade. I could hear myself breathing again. The virtual hand that was squeezing my heart slowly let go. I wondered why... Why is it piercing my heart now? Why am I going through this now?

I looked up at Bruno breathlessly as his smirk flinched for a instance. All I could see was how thin his lips were. A dark red line purged with a gloss that flattered his lips in a feminine way. He propelled his head my way in an elegant fashion, slicing the air with his position.

My eyes went wide at the way he looked at me. His smile even furthered.

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

My heart stopped.

****************************************************************************

[ The Next day ]

The teal team somehow got eliminated since they weren't in the living room this morning. Clark and I along with Krystal and Caspian didn't witness it, yet none of us questioned it. As long as it wasn't us we slightly, but really by now didn't care.

The other teams in the house were much more quieter then usual. Every single time I felt like they were either watching Clark or myself. I had enough by now and zoomed by the living room the only obstacle towards my room. Every eye in there, questioning what exactly happened in that game.

I haven't seen Caspian since yesterday which probably meant he was inside the flower field. I didn't bother since in all honesty it would be too awkward.

Even though we were partners now.

I closed the door quietly behind me as I threw myself on the bed.

I buried my face into the soft pillow and sighed. I looked over to the left to stare at the bland beige wall, blinking halfway only to stop myself from letting a tear go.

Wiping away the unintended tears, I cleared my voice as someone came in. For a second I thought It was Clark, but then forgot about the partner change. I didn't look towards the door thinking it was Caspian. A little too embarrassed  for him to see me cry.

I hid inside my covers to only feel the opposite bed connected to mine move up and down. I uncovered underneath the sheets and looked up at Clark, surprised.