Love Olympus (20)

(RECAP)

-

We were going to a near by cafe as we always do waiting for our next class. She was talking on her phone as we both casually walked the same path with different mind sets. We turned the left curb to walk a few blocks to the cafe when all of a sudden I stopped beside a bench.

My heart exploded as dread overcame me. My lips suddenly going dry I stood there motionless.

"What's wrong?" Gia questioned turning around not finding me behind her.

"I'll meet up with you." I whispered. "Go."

"But-"

"Go!" I snapped.

Gia didn't complain instead shrugged and walked off without a second doubt. I gulped and heard the very chuckle that sent me shivering with memories.

"Still the same I see?" Mr. Smirk chuckled.

I snapped my attention towards the random bench on the side of a busy sidewalk and held in the confused tears. I sniffed walking around the bench quickly and sat down. Everything around us stopping including cars, people walking and basically time in general.

Mr. Smirk still looked the same with the messy extravagant suit with his iconic faint purple bruise on left his eye. My throat tightened as I held in every last word I've wanted to express since the love games, four years worth.

"Why now." I have the energy to only choke out these two words. "Why... Now?" I questioned. "Four years, are you serious?"

"I need you now more then ever Venus," Mr. Smirk stared out into the crowd.

"Why now?" I shouted at the top of my lungs. My chest heaving up and down.

"Look." Mr. Smirk points in front of him.

"Wh-"

"Look," he urges with his eyebrows. I snapped my head towards where he was pointing and see suddenly an illusion in front of me. Clark and I holding hands while walking down the street. We're both happy and kissing each other as we laugh.

"Wh-what is this?" I blinked several times confused by this.

"This is what was mean to be, but I had to destroy it." Mr. Smirk mumbled. I faced him as he stared out into the frozen street. My mind buzzing with questions.

"I broke fate," Mr. Smirk turned to finally face me. "It was the only way to turn around what could've happened-"

"What do you mean?" I gulped. "You mean Clark and I are now, broken?"

Mr. Smirk nodded.

"Is this why?" I touched my chest.

"That crack on your chest signifies when fate is broken-"

"How was it broken?" I snapped.

"The minute I told you," Mr. Smirk sighed breathlessly. "I was scared out of my mind telling you, but it was the best move we could ask for."