Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N: Sorry, I lied. This isn't the last chapter. There will be an epilogue!

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 33

“You know, I’ve questioned your sanity plenty of times before, but this…” Christian shook his head at me. 

“Oh, come on,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Even you have to admit that this, right here, is gold.”

“This is the kind of thing that you need to think through.” Christian shook his head again. “This could end badly.” 

“I know.” I smirked, glancing at my phone happily. “But it’s worth it. Frank’s not getting off the hook so easily…” 

I had told Christian the basic outline of what I was going to do. I hadn’t told him any details. All I had said was that I was going to create Frank’s dream girl—grudgingly played by Tori in disguise—and trick Frank into going into a hotel room where he would be caught by several secret cameras in a compromising position. 

“As funny as your revenge plots are, hasn’t he had enough?” Tori whined, stalking out of my room. “I mean, you already embarrassed him by calling him a liar and publicly dating Christian. I think—” 

“You just want to get out of this,” I interrupted, rolling my eyes. “Come on, Tor. I need you for this!” 

She sighed in defeat. “I know, I know. I said I’d do it, didn’t I?” 

“You did,” I said with a grin. “Now shoo. Go put on the things I laid out on my bed for you.”

Tori’s eyes widened. “The blonde wig was for me?”

I gave her a look. “Who else would it be for? Of course it was for you! Now go!”

She looked like she wanted to say something but with one last, great sigh, she stalked off. 

Christian shook his head. “I seriously can’t believe you got her to say yes.” 

“It wasn’t easy, but I promised to make it up to her somehow,” I said with a shrug. “Now, as soon as Tori finishes getting ready, step one will be a go.” 

He chuckled at me, walking away. He headed towards the fridge, muttering something about my idea being outrageous, reckless and clever. 

I got the idea from watching the movie John Tucker Must Die. Tori and I had a girl’s night in one night, and Tori wanted to watch that movie. I was basically indifferent until I saw the different schemes the girls put John Tucker through. I thought it was genius and wanted to reenact the girls’ best prank… except I cranked it up a couple notches. In my opinion, what Brittany Snow’s character did to John Tucker wasn’t mean enough. I wanted more. 

The idea was enough to form a chain reaction in my head, though, one thing led to another and before I knew it, the revenge I had in mind for Frank was fully laid out.  

It took Tori nearly two hours to get ready, for some reason. By the time she came out, I was on edge. I had gone into the room to pester her several times, but she still took her sweet time.

It didn’t take that long to dress up in the outfit I had laid out for her. The only thing that might have taken her a bit was the makeup, and that was only because it was supposed to look slutty. The rest—the little black dress, the stilettos, the pushup bra and the wig—shouldn’t have taken very long at all.