Chapter Thirty-One

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 31

“What is this?” I asked, staring down at the orange bowl Christian had just placed on my lap in disgust. 

“Popcorn,” Christian answered slowly. 

“Are you sure? It looks like popcorn flavored butter to me.” 

He gave me an offended look. “You insulting my cooking skills?” 

“I’d hardly call throwing a bag of microwave-able popcorn into a microwave cooking.” 

“Fine! You think you could do a better job?” 

I rolled my eyes. And people called me a drama queen. He was nearly crying over popcorn. “I know I could.”

“Then go make some yourself.” He snatched the bowl away from me and sat down on the couch loudly.

“I will,” I said with a snicker, thumping him on the head as I walked by. 

By saying yes to Christian that night, we officially became a couple. Our relationship hadn’t changed much, though, to be honest. We just added a few romantic, couple-related things into the mix. We held hands, kissed, hung out whenever we could and now had a lot of inside jokes.

The inside jokes were getting pretty bad. People would start questioning it soon if we didn’t tone it down slightly. 

We still fought like an old married couple and I still took every shot I could at him. That just wasn’t something that I was willing to change. Besides, I honestly didn’t think he wanted me to. He liked my insults… most of the time. Some of them were a bit too offensive for him at times.

We hadn’t told anyone about us yet, though. It wasn’t his choice; it was mine. I had a feeling he would have shouted it to the world if I had let him. Whether it was because he was just really happy or wanted to brag that he managed to get me after all, I didn’t know. 

If it was the second one, I would not be a happy camper. Neither would he after I was done with him. 

I didn’t know when we were going to tell people, though. I had a feeling we wouldn’t be able to hide it for very long. The press was so sneaky, and they constantly followed Christian. He never got any privacy, save for when he was at home with bodyguards surrounding his mansion. 

That was the only time we could hang out without having to act like we weren’t involved. We managed to get some alone time in on set at times, but that was only when we were in our trailers. Our trailers weren’t the best meeting place, though. Christian’s trailer didn’t lock and Tori constantly showed up at mine. 

It was nearly impossible hiding this from Tori! Dear God, that girl was the most nosy, all-knowing person I had ever met. Also, I was scared she was onto us. She had already caught Christian in my trailer for no apparent reason about three times and didn’t believe my quick lies. 

I had the hardest time throwing her off my scent the night Christian and I got together, though. Christian invited me in and we just lay on his couch watching TV and being stupid. We obviously didn’t do anything. He wasn’t getting it that easy. I might have said yes, but I certainly wasn’t saying yes to that so soon.

Laying around made me tired, though, and I fell asleep. I was pretty sure I fell asleep on him. He didn’t want to wake me up, so he didn’t even move. We just slept there.

He made a terrible pillow, to be honest. He needed to gain some fat or something so he could actually be of use to me. I was in tears thinking of what Tori would have said had I said this to her. It was outrageous.