Chapter Twenty

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 20

I didn’t bother staying up to wait for the consequences of my actions to arise. I knew that I would discover them in the morning and it gave me something to look forward to, after all.

I was awoken around three in the morning by the sound of my phone ringing, though. The sound of it ringing a total of fifty seven times was music to my ears, as was the furious knocking on my door fifteen or so minutes later. 

The voicemails Christian left me were very entertaining, as well. He used a few words to describe me that I had never even heard of before. That was quite the accomplishment, especially for someone as mentally deprived as Christian. 

I had to say, though, this was turning out to be even better than I had expected. And the real fun hadn’t even started yet. The best was yet to come. I hadn’t talked to Christian yet. I had yet to see his reaction. And the picture hadn’t spread far enough.... yet. 

It didn’t take very long for my actions to cause trouble, actually. My anonymous submittal leaked everywhere within hours of having been sent. I saw that the most recent post about it was two and a half hours after it was sent. The press didn’t waste any time circulating the photo and spreading suspicions. It was the scandal of the month; that was for sure. 

“Sophia Hastings,” Christian screamed through the door to my apartment. “Open the door!”

“You’re going to cause a scene,” I said as I walked past the door. 

“Do you think I care?” he demanded angrily. 

“I don’t know,” I replied, shrugging even though he couldn’t see me. “I don’t care, either. I was only saying that for the sake of my poor neighbors. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to sleep.” 

“Damn it, Soph—” he cut himself off with a frustrated groan.

“Have a nice night!” I called out cheerily. “Don’t forget to catch the news! I think it might interest you.”

“You little—” 

I didn’t hear what he said because I walked away. I went into my room and shut the door so I couldn’t hear him anymore. I could faintly hear the sound of his voice, but I couldn’t hear what he was saying.

I slept like a baby the rest of the night. 

Sadly, I had to wake up fairly early the next morning to film KMH. Tori wasn’t around to yell at me for what I did, although I knew she would the second she saw me. She was visiting her parents back home for the weekend. 

I ignored every call I received from Christian from the moment I woke up to the moment I stepped foot on set. 

He was waiting for me this time. Avoiding him wasn’t possible. He was standing by my trailer with a scowl on his face. 

“Just the person I was waiting for,” he growled as I walked past him to get into my trailer.

“How sweet,” I said sarcastically. “You were waiting for me!” 

He put a hand on my arm to stop me from unlocking the door to my trailer and going inside. “No, we’re having this talk now.” 

“What talk?” I asked innocently. 

He narrowed his eyes at me and screamed, “You know very well what talk! Thanks to you, I’ve had dozens of disgusting gay guys throwing themselves at me! I’m not lying when I say dozens, either, Sophia. There are so many of them. It’s just disgusting. They’ve been sending me inappropriate pictures to my phone, to my email, to wherever they can manage! Do you know how wrong that is? I’m Christian Ryder. I don’t deal with gay guys sending me dirty pictures; I have gorgeous girls sending me dirty pictures! This is just wrong. And it’s your entire fault!”