Official Better Than Revenge One-Shot Contest

Hey guys! So I’ve decided to do a writing contest for Better Than Revenge. And I added "Official" to the title to make it seem more legit. It sounds cool, right? Not just Better Than Revenge One-Shot Contest.... but Official Better Than Revenge One-Shot Contest.

Oh, my God, I'm lame. 

Anyways. 

The Contest:

Write any scene from Better Than Revenge in Christian Ryder’s point of view. The one-shot can be anything—a scene from the actual book, or a scene you made up on your own. A few ideas: the phone call from Christian Ryder that Sophia won, Christian’s first encounter with Sophia in Hollywood, Christian’s revenge plots, or maybe the unveiling of Sophia’s big secret. A scene with Christian and his best friend, Blake, would be different since we don’t see much of Blake in the rough draft of Better Than Revenge!

 The Rules:

-      Anything you submit must be yours. I think that goes without saying, but just in case!

-     Make it original. Don’t just submit my own scene with a few tiny changes added because it’s in Christian’s point of view.

-     The one-shot should be 1000-2500 words long. If it’s close, that’s fine, but nothing too low or too high! If you have any questions concerning this, make sure you ask me! If you don’t have access to a computer, just make sure it seems long enough.

-   Nothing sexual. Please. I’m not reading a repeat of 50 Shades of Grey. If I see the word “penetrate” anywhere I will disregard your entry. There’s no reason good enough to use the word penetrate…

-       You can enter more than once.  Just keep it reasonable and fair.

-       Entries must be submitted by May 19, 2013 at 12 p.m.

How to Enter:

Write your entry. Publish it as a new story on Wattpad and under dedications, write “TheFlamingPopsicle.” So basically, dedicate it to me. I don't know why I'm making things so difficult.

This is to make sure I see it because I’m more likely to notice that way! Send me a message as well telling me that your entry is posted to ensure I notice it because I am so daft sometimes.

If you don’t have a Wattpad account—well, that makes things a bit tougher. If you absolutely cannot make an account and follow the entry rules above, then you can email your entry to theflamingpopsicle@yahoo.com. Be warned, though, this is my other email so I strongly, strongly, strongly suggest just posting it on Wattpad.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, hopes, dreams, fears, etc. private message me!

Judging:

Entries will be evaluated for the following:

-       Grammar and spelling.

-       Character portrayal. You have creative power here, but Christian Ryder is still Christian Ryder. He should sound like himself! If he starts reciting romantic poetry or singing in French and it’s not a joke, we have a problem.  

-        Following of the rules.

-        Creativity.

-        Story relevance.

-        Humor. Better Than Revenge is predominantly a humor story, so make me laugh! :)

The Prizes:

Third Place: A chapter from Better Than Revenge will be dedicated to the winner.  The third place winner will also receive a complimentary copy of the first Vampire Academy book in e-book form. (The movie is coming out next year and if you haven’t read the series yet, you want to!)  

Second Place: A scene written for you featuring Christian Ryder. It won’t have relevance to the actual story’s plot, so you can conveniently disregard Sophia’s existence. The second place winner will also receive a complimentary copy of the first three Vampire Academy books in e-book form. I was originally going to just give the first two but the third is my favorite and must be shared.

First Place: A character in any of my ongoing stories made for you! The winner will choose between friend or antagonist, or whatever else they have in mind. Details will be worked out when the winner is chosen. The character can be just like you or maybe You 2.0. You decide. The winner will also receive a complimentary copy of the entire Vampire Academy series in e-book form.

*All three winners will have their entries reposted on my account under Better Than Revenge so all BTR fans can read the winning entries! They will also have the choice of having a graphic made for them for any story of theirs- I have a newfound obsession with graphics. Be warned- they might be glittery. I like glitter. 

Honorable Mentions: The number of honorable mentions depends on how many of these I find! All honorable mentions will get the chance to choose a chapter or scene—depending on how many honorable mentions there actually are—and it will be written by me in Christian Ryder’s point of view. I’ve said before that I won’t do the story in his point of view, but if you guys are putting in the effort to get into his twisted little head, it’s only fair that I do so as well!

This ought to be interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest thing here is to have fun! I am so, so excited to read your entries, and I really hope you guys will enter! I know there are some people who have already messaged me saying they’re in, so I’m excited!

Happy writing and may the odds be ever in your favor. ;)