Chapter Four

Beautiful movie poster made by XxMrsSimplexX :) So cool! 

***

Better Than Revenge

 Chapter Four 

My eyes became as wide as saucers and I nearly choked on my own spit. This was not part of the plan! Well, none of what had just happened was part of any plan of mine, but getting a phone call from Christian freaking Ryder was definitely not part of any plan I would have ever made! 

I was about to say something completely inappropriate to myself, but then I remembered I was probably still on national TV and should probably control myself. Little children could have been watching this show, for all I knew. I didn’t know why a child would waste their time by watching that pathetic excuse of a TV show when they could be outside playing with their friends or inside playing videogames, but that was beside the point. 

I was actually tempted to just step on my phone. The sacrifice wouldn’t be completely in vain. That way, I wouldn’t have to deal with this. It was the loser way of handling this, I know. 

I then remembered that buying a new phone that was half as good as the one I had would be a pain in the neck, though, so I stopped myself in time. 

“Hello?” Christian Ryder asked after a moment of silence. 

What do I do?! I screamed at myself, panicking internally. Okay, Sophia, just…. Just don’t reply to him! Don’t make any sounds! Nothing! Be as quiet as a mouse! Wait, no, don’t do that. Mice can get pretty loud sometimes with their scratching. Be quieter than a mouse! 

“Are you there, Mystery Girl?” he asked again after I didn’t reply. 

I scowled in annoyance. “I have a name, dip-shit!” 

So much for not replying to him. I didn’t even last one minute. How sad.

The two hosts laughed obnoxiously. 

“Ryder, I think we found her,” one of the hosts said with a giggle. 

I realized I could hear the echo of our conversation on the TV, so I looked up and sure enough, the conversation was being featured on the show. 

Great. 

For once, I kind of wished I hadn’t been right about still being on national TV. I knew most girls would’ve killed for an opportunity like this, but I couldn’t even force myself to get excited. I dreamed of being on TV, yes, but not like this! I didn’t want to be remembered as Christian Ryder’s Favorite Fan Girl! I wanted to make my own name in this world. I didn’t want Christian Ryder’s name to be associated with me in any way. 

So basically, this was getting on my nerves. 

Christian Ryder laughed out loud. “I think so. Well, what’s your name then, MG?” 

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” 

I was trying to be nice, believe it or not. I really was. But when you felt as strongly towards someone as I did towards Christian Ryder, it was hard to stop the words from escaping your lips. 

He chuckled nervously. “Touché. But I’m sure everyone here is curious. Come on; don’t leave us hanging like that, MG.” 

“Would you stop calling me that?” I snapped, rolling my eyes even though he couldn’t see me. 

“I will as soon as you tell me your name,” he replied with a chuckle. 

“Not happening.”