Chapter 18

Rebeckah was quite frankly confused when she wke up in the morning. Her eyes saw blurry outlines and her head punded ever so slightly. But all the same she was filled with a warm and erotic feeling growing out of the pit of her stomach. She felt satisfied and comforted by the fact that she had Damon now, and that she had Damon lying on the floor under the bed. 

After a few minutes of peacefully watching him sleep, his nostrils flaring as he huffed air out of his nose, Damon stirred sligthly and his eyes fluttered open. He looked down at Rebeckah and smiled. "You need to be out of here," he said sitting up as Rebeckah fell off him. 

"No, no I can stay," she said a pathetic pleading voice as he walked away from the bed. He walked to the closet and took out a bright red shirt and took off the black one he was wering, revealing his intone and sexy chest. After he put on the red shirt, Rebeckah felt her face fall a little disapontedly. 

"No, you can't the party is supposed to be over," he said, firmly. "We have to get you out of here so my father doesn't suspect anything. I thought he was already wary of your dark hair. He might suspect something."

Rebeckah, wanting deperately to stay with Damon, begged again. "But you said you'd show me the diamond!" 

"I did, didn't I?" he said, pausing momentarily. "Okay, a promise is a promise, I suppose. Besides, you need that diamond. I'll show you where it is."

Hand in hand, they left the room. Damon spoke loudly as they thundered down the corridor.  "I know the whereabouts of the diamond, and it's not an easy thing to find. The diamond is the most treausrd of all three engimas becuase it also has mineral value. The traps he has set are sure to trick the thief who attempts to steal it. Especially these days. Regnum has been quite quiet for the last few months, and therefore my father expects some kind of attack. Anything small that goes wrong could upset my father's way of dealing with this war, only making it all the harder for Regnum to succeed."

"We suspected the diamond would be underground. is that true? Where is it?" asked Rebeckah, hanging deperately onto every word Damon said.

"It is underground," Damon confirmed. "But farther down than any human could go without magic."

"How do you know? have you seen it?" 

"Yes, I saw it when my father was showing my how to get it, incase of a attack, or just to keep in dafe. And I'll tell you now, finding this diamond will test every ounce of nerve youhave. It tests your physical strength, your knowledge, your wisdom, and even your bravery. It takes brawn of your own."

He confidence collapsed. If she was tested on physical strength, Rebeckah was certain she would fail this whol test. "Will i be able to leave here with the diamond?" asked Rebeckah.

"We'll see. I expect you might have to smuggle your way back into the castle to get the diamond later. My father is going to have throngs of soldiers, Minotaurs, and other government officials here for a meeting. There isn't anyway to theive it out, not with so many eagle eyes around."

"It needs to be done for the Court by July 29th. Can I have it by then?" she asked lookin at him hopefully,

"In which case, we'll have to have it done. Yes, just don't worry about it. I'lll mail it to you, or run across the Forest if I have to."

Just as Reeckahwas about to open her mouth for a word of thanks for his kindess, Damon squeezed her hand a bit more tightly and began to run. Rebeckah, who was startled by his abrupt movment, was practically being dragged and scuttled across the flor. "Damon," she began to say inn a reproachful tone. "Run!" he yelled in her face. "Just run!" Right before Rebeckah could say a few words in protest she heard the most awful screeching voice shout from behind them. "Come here yo bastards!" Rebeckah turned back to see a small pack of HS elites and a formidable Minotaur chasing them, holding their wands, or guns out in front of them. Sparks from their ward, most likely firing dark charms and spells at them. A few bullets flew and bounced off the walls.