Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Anna Foster- for always being there even when I didn't want you to be

Rebeckah awoke confortable and well rested the next morning. The sheets and pillows enthralled her, the waves lapped up against the shore rhythmically, and had it not been for the despicable sun gleaming in through the windows, she might not have woken up at all. If it wasn't for the beautiful room, which was much too fancy by her usual standards, and the previous day of the beach and the announcements, she might not have remembered the war, her mother and all the danger she faced.

Rebeckah swung her feet over the edge of the bed and with great difficulty stood erect and walked over to the wardrobe. As she noticed last night, all the clothes it had, judging by sight, were linen and could fir her. But what she didn't take time to notice ws the styles. Everything was a bit old fashioned, like almost from the 1940'. Skirts, blouses, knee high socks and the latter. Even the shoes didn't fit her fancy. The shoes were either flats or high heels reaching extreme highs.

Depite her distaste for it. Rebeckah put on a green, pleaded skirt, a white sleeevless shirt and black flats that of course, clashed horribly with the other items of the outfit. Rebeckah knocked on James's door, and when no response came echoeing through, she braged in to find it emoty and untidy. She left the room to find the demeanor of the castle alight with bustle, contrary to the calmness of last night. Butlers were flirting with maids, squires tending to business of their own, and soldiers stocially eyeing them all as Rebeckah was.However, when she moved, every person by instinct, swiftly drated to the side, clearing the hallways for her to walk through. On rare occasion, when someone bumped into her or was in her pathway, they apologized feverently and begged for forgiveness. "It's all right," she consoled. But when the begging continued depite her attempts to soothe it over, she left the person on their knees, even though she felt sickended by that.

Going th only place she knew hpw to go in the castle. Rebeckah went to the lounge to find Rupert and James eating breakfast and chatting merrily in between bites. "Good morning," renbeckah said sweetly. "Morning," they repeated.

"Seeing as it's 10 am," began Rupert, "I guess all princesses really do need their beauty sleep."

"Are you saying i could use some?" asked Rebeckh, raising a sly questioning eyebrow.

"I'm not saying it wouldn't do you well," chuckled Rupert. James laughed while Rebeckah scowled menacingly. "Hey I'm kidding," added Rupet after a minute of this.

"Don't mind her," chortled James, dismissing Rebeckah with a wave of his hand. "She can't take a joke."

"Well, these aren't exactly joking times," scathed  Rebeckah, not wanting to dignify it with a replyt partly because she had none. "Care to tell us more about this master plan of yours?" asked Rebeckah, now talking to Rupert.

"So much more has to be explained ebfore my master plan can even begin to be comprehended in your minds," said Rupert, a twinkle of superiority in his eye. 

"There's more?" asked James.

"It won't take long to explain. Besides, tehre's more to show than to explain. Today is our free day before we really get involved. After today, you'll get trained-"

"What if we don't really want to be trained?" asked James rudely. Rebeckah had been thinking much of the sme, however was too timid to say so. "I mean, we were taling last night. We can't seem to wrap outr heads around it all, and on the other hand, I think we're being forced into it all."

Both looked at Rebeckah. James for support on his theory and Rupert to see if she'd agree. However, wanting to avoid and argument, she sat and ate her bacon silently. "You always do this Rebeckah!" James told her. "You busy yourself with something else when things get hard or awkward. You're weak!"