Leah X Jacob Part VIII

Recap:

Leah's POV

"And Nessie? How about her Jacob? What if she comes back? Will you also just love her...love her as a friend?" I asked as tears of anger and sorrow started to run down my cheeks. I hoped and secretly prayed that he would give me the answer I wanted, that he will forever love me and me alone...but he didn't. He didn't answer me at all. He just stared at me as tears started to fill his eyes. "That's what I thought." I said as I slapped hand away from my face. I turned away from him and started to run into the forest. "Leaaaaaaaaaaaahh! Wait" Jacob shouted after me. I heard his footsteps running after me. "Just leave me alone Jacob." I said then phased without stopping. I felt him phase only a second after I did. "Leah please, let me explain." He pleaded. "Leave me alone Jacob. If you have an once of respect for me you will give me my space. Go home and tell everyone to just leave me ALONE!" I said shouting my thoughts. I felt him stop running, I felt him phase, and I was finally alone. I ran as fast as I could without an idea where I was going. I just had to get away, get away from all the lies, all the pain and everyone the came along with it.

______________________________________________________

Jacob's POV

I watched Leah disappear into the forest. I stood there completely nude, phasing back into my human form like she asked. It took me a while to grab my clothes and get dressed. I hated myself. I hated myself for what I was doing to Leah. So many emotions ran through my body - anger, pain, confusion, sadness, hope? - I don't know which emotion to act upon. Why did Bella have to come back now? Now that I'm with Leah? The past couple of months with Leah had been amazing. For the first time in a while I actually felt alive, I felt as if I had something else to live for. There was no longing for something to happen, for someone to come back. That longing returned once I saw Bella and Edward's faces. I knew Renesemee was happy, happy with her vampire. But now curiosity bug has bitten me, hard. Why were Bella and Edward here? Are the rest of the Cullens here? Is Nessie here? I guess I'll find out soon.

As I walked into Leah's house, everyone seemed to freeze in place.

"Hey bro, grab a plate before Embry eats everything" Seth said as if nothing major just took place.

Emby looked at me with a weak smile. "Where's Leah?" he asked concerned. I don't know what it was about the way that Embry asked this question that made my temper rise.

"What the hell is up with you and being so overly concerned about Leah, Embry?" I said fists clenched. Embry stood up, chest puffed up.

"Woah bro, I don't know. What the hell's been up with you and not being concerned about Leah at all?" Embry replied, his voice raised.

"Who the hell do you think you are to tell me I don't care about Leah?!" I said as I closed the space between us. Seth stood in front of Embry, both hands raised, ready to push me off.

"You're a joke Jacob! I don't give a damn if you're Alpha of this pack. You have no rights to treat Leah the way you do! You've been so caught up with the vamps returning, that you haven't even taken the time to see how hurt Leah is over this whole situation. I saw the look you gave Sam and I when we even showed a bit of concern for her. Freaking jealousy!" He said as he pointed a finger at me.

"That's it!" In one swift movement I pushed Seth out of the way and tackled Embry. His body crashed into the wall so hard that I felt swear I felt the foundation crack. Before I knew it I had Seth and Quil on me trying to hold me down. While Brody helped Embry up.

"I can accept the fact that you can be a crappy friend or a crappy Alpha sometimes, but I don't understand who you can be such a piece of crap boyfriend to Leah. Specially knowing everything that she's been through with Sam." Embry said as he wiped blood from his swollen lower lip.

I struggled beneth Seth and Quil unable to phase or push them off. Embry's words weighed me down. I knew he spoke the truth. "That's enough Embry!" Seth said looking towards Embry. "Get off me!" I was able to say between grunts.

"Nah bro. The second you set your eyes Bella, your priorities changed. I get it, her family screwed you over, we all freaking get it! But what about us Jake, hu? I thought you said we were family? That we were brothers? Who was there for you after the months, no, years of depression you went through? That's right bro, it was us, it was Leah. " Embry said unable to hide how hurt he was.

A flood of guilt ran through me. I wasn't able to hold up a facade anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to hold back the tears, but as soon as I opened my eyes a stream of tears ran down face. Quil and Seth helped me up, and the guys, my boys, my brothers all looked at me with pity. Even during those years of hell after the Cullens left I tried my best to hide my tears from them. I didn't want them to see me as a weak Alpha.

"Its okay Jake" Seth said. And with that, I fell back on the couch, my hands covering my eyes. I know I was about to have diarrhea of the mouth..

"I'm so sorry" I said without looking at anyone. "I can't han-handle this crap. What the hell was I supp-supposed to do? I saw Bella and Ed's face, and Nes-nes-nessie's was all I saw. Trust me, please bel-lieve me when I say Io-lo-love Leah, but I was just in shock! I'm sor-sorry for the past co-co-couple of years. You all just don't,don't don't' know how hard it was to pry myself from her. I freakin imprinted on her, it was li-like I was figh-fighting against natu-nature." I was able to say in between sobs.

Embry was now in front of me, lips still swollen, eyes now flooded with tears. "Its okay bro" he said and as I look around everyone gave me an approving smile or nod. "I'm sorry Embry" I said as I stood up to give him a hug. "I'm sorry if I seemed jealous. I was just so scared that I would lose Leah, because I knew that I was hurting her. I was scared that she'd run to you." it was hard for me to admit this, but with my walls now shattered, I knew this was the time to be honest.

"Oh men, if Paul saw all of us like this, he would never let us live it down" Seth said with a chuckle and with that everyone boomed out in laughter. I whiped my tears feeling as if a ton of weight has just lifted off my shoulders. These past couple of years of holding everything in has taken its toll on me. Being able to say what I finally felt out loud with my pack has made me feel so much better.

"So how do we fix this?" Quil said bringing us back to reality.

"We talk to the Cullens, find out the exact reason they're here and how long they're staying" I said fully aware that I was starting to act like an Alpha again. "Sam wanted to meet them, but its too dangerous for both parties. Seth, I think its best that I give Leah some space, so if you can find her and make sure she's okay.." I said feeling a tingle of hurt as I said Leah's name. "On it boss." Seth said as he stormed out the door. "Quil, I need you to go to Paul's and calm him down. Fill him in on what's going on. Brody and Embry, you're with me. We're going to find the Cullens and set up a meeting." I said trying to block any negative emotions towards them. "We're going to treat them like any other vampire."

"But Jake - " Brody said knowing full well what he was going to say.

"I know Brody. But people change, we don't know if they're the same...people, or vampires that we knew. We have to take precaution." I said and Brody nodded.

I took a deep breath knowing that a crap loud is about to go down. "Here we go" I whispered to myself.

______________________________________________________

Done and done. It only took me forever and half to update :D

Sorry if this may seem a bit rush, I just really wanted to post up a new chapter.

I wanted to give you guys a snippet of the turmoil Jacob went through during the years following the Cullens leaving.

If you have any suggestions on who's point of view you want the next chapter to be, just leave me a comment or a message.

I hope you all liked it!