Leah X Jacob II

Leah's POV

"Race yah to the first prey!" Jacob thought with a bit more enthusiasm

"You're on!" I thought right back.

Sometimes its easier that we hear each others thoughts when we're in wolf form especially when we're patrolling. I pushed my legs harder passing Jacob easily. "What was that back there between me and Jake? That was so weird" I thought to myself. "What was so weird?" Jake asked. And sometimes it was a hassle being able to hear each others thoughts. "Nothing!" I responded too quickly. There! I finally got a whiff of life. I ran even faster and soon saw two bucks feeding on grass. I leaped on the bigger one snapping its neck quickly as to not make it feel any pain. Within a millisecond Jacob was on the other buck tearing away at its flesh. "I win!" I declared as I started to feed. I tried not to think about how much I would rather be eating a home cooked meal than this raw meat. I know that would ruin Jacob's surprisingly good mood. "I let you win" Jacob thought as he devoured his meal. "Sure you did" I teased. We continued to hunt and feed for another two hours or so. It took two bucks, a boar and and three elks until Jacob decided he's finally had enough. "Jeez Jake, how long has Billy been starving you" I joked. He didn't answer. I could tell he's trying really hard to not think of something. "Leah do mind if we shift back?" he asked. I could tell something was making him feel uncomfortable. "Sure Jacob, I'll be right back." I walked behind a think bush, fazed and got dressed.

When I walked out of the bush Jacob was no where to be found. "Jake?" I called out. No answer "Jacob?!" I said louder. "Right here Leah". I followed his voice. After a few seconds I found him standing at the edge of a cliff. I don't know what it was, maybe the scenery that made him look different - better. He turned around as he heard my footsteps. I found myself looking at him, well, staring at him. I never noticed his perfectly carved chest and stomach or his rock hard arms. My eyes made finally made their way to his face. He's definitely changed - his chisiled jaw made my jaw drop and something about the atmosphere made his skin almost glisten. "Leah? What's with the goofy face?" He said with a chuckle breaking my trance. I shook my head and laughed uncomfortably. "Nothing dork!" I said with a smile and walked towards him. He sat at the edge of the cliff and looked out into the ocean. I joined him. We were quiet for a couple of minutes "Thank you Leah, I needed this" He said as he looked into the horizon. I haven't seen him this at peace - well - ever. "I know this is probably going to kill the mood, but I just have to know, will you ever get over her?" I said already preparing myself for his temper. "Honestly Leah, lately I've been feeling kind off.." he seemed to struggle to find the right words to say. "Kind of numb to it all. I feel like everything that happened was just a dream. The only reminder I have that they ever existed is the fact that well," he chuckled and looked at me "that we can turn into wolves". I was speechless. He's never opened up to me like this before. "I never understood how Edward was able to leave Bella before, until now. He left her for her own good - so that she can be happy. He was strong enough to do that for her. And I think now I'm strong enough to do that for.." He paused looked down and gulped, I know its still hard for him to say her name. "for Nessie. She chose Nahul. He makes her happy, makes her complete. And now I'm ready to let her go so that she can be happy." Jacob said then looked away. I slowly raised my hand to his face and forced him to look at me. He looked at me with tear filled eyes trying his hardest not to let them fall. "And now you can be happy too" I sad in almost a whisper. At this two small tear drops slid down his face. And then like magnet to metal my face gravitated towards his, and without hesitation his moved towards mine. My heart began to race as I inhaled his sweet scent. The moment our lips touched everything else in the world disappeared - it was just the two of us. All my inhibitions disappeared and I grabbed his neck to move us closer to each other. He then gently but at the same time forcefully pulled on my hair to bring us closer than before. My head began to spin as our lips crashed onto each other. A chill ran down my spine as he kisses became more rough.

"AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

A howl from a distant tore us apart. We looked at each other for second until another howl broke the air. "Seth" Jake said and quickly got up. He jogged into the forest and disappeared. What the heck just happened? Did that really just happen? My mind raced as I struggled to catch my breath. I heard a soft growl from behind a bush - that's definitely Jacob calling me. I get up and undressed. It took more concentration than usual for me to shift. Weird. As I changed a pool of voices flooded my mind.

"You shouldn't howl unless its an emergency Seth. Sam heard you and he was ready for the worst"

"Sorry Jacob, my mom's just flippin out that you guys aren't here yet. I tried calling your house phone, no answer. You know how crazy she is about family dinners specially because I'm only here on the weekends."

"I'm going to jump you the next time I see you, kid. You scared Rachel half to death with your stupid howling" Paul thought with a growl.

"What's going on?" Embry and Quil thought in unison

"False alarm guys" Jake said sheepishly

"Action time?" Brady asked enthusiastically. The kid's always up for action.

"False alarm" Jake repeated himself in the same tone.

Their voices became a blur and I became consumed by my own thoughts.

What does this make me and Jake? I've never seen him as anything more than an Alpha or a friend. But I have to admit, I've never had a kiss like that before.

BIG MISTAKE! My head became dead silent and I realized Jacob was looking at me with what looked like a smirk.

"OH CRAP" I thought out loud.

"You did what?!" Seth's thoughts was almost like a scream in my head.

"You guys KISSED?!" Brady said sounding disguised yet amused.

"Its about freakin time!" Paul thought sounding relieved.

"No freakin way!" Embry said sounding defeated.

"You owe me $10 mo fo!" Quil said with a booming laugh.

"She liked it too" I could barely hear Jake think to himself.

"SHUT UP!" I thought as hard as I can.

"I do not owe you $10, that bet was made years ago!" "Yes you do! A deal is a deal!" Quil and Embry continued to argue.

"I can't wait to tell Sam" Brady thought as I felt him phase back.

I stood in front of Jacob unable to move.

"THAT'S ENOUGH" Jacob said using his Alpha tone. At this everyone grew silent. "Everyone phase back." he said with authority.

"Um, Jake?" Seth quietly interrupted.

"What now Seth?" Jake sounded annoyed.

"Are you guys still coming over? My mom just wants to know."

He looked at me, as if asking me. I shook my head.

"No I'm not coming over. Leah will be home later - after dinner. Now phase."

Seth didn't answer and I could feel every single wolf phase except the one that was in front of me. Jacob walked towards me, both of us still in wolf form. He walked towards me until his snout was only a couple of inches away from mine. He looked into my eyes and I into his.

"What now?" he asked. I was speechless.

______________________________________________________________

Introducing part 2! This was a long time coming, and I have to admit I'm loving every Jacob with Leah.

I also wanted to introduce the rest of the pack. Even though its been 12 years, they still all have the same traits. Rememer, the pack cannot age physically until they stop shape shifting into wolves.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it!

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. This is a Fanfic. All Character belong to Stephenie Meyer