Leah X Jacob Part VII

JACOB'S P.O.V.

I sat on a boulder, only feet away from where I lost sight of Leah. As hard is it was for me to do, I respected her wishes and stayed in my human form. My vision began to blur as my eyes fixated on a simple twig on the ground. My head swirled and I struggled to keep my focus.

Bella's back? Bella's back! Bella's back!

The thought pulsed in my head. Its been so long since I last saw her face. So long since I've since Edward's face. After seeing them together I only saw HER face - Nessie. My head began to pound as the memory of our last day together flashed before my eyes.

~~~~

"Jacob, I'm sorry" Nessie said as tears began to fill her eyes. "I can't lie to you anymore. I can't lie to myself." She continued.

"Ness, what are you talking about?" I said with a nervous chuckle.

"I though I could love you more than a friend - more than a BEST friend." Her eyebrows furrowed as her stare fell to the ground.

"What are you saying Nessie?" Her words didn't make sense to me.

"I love - I love" She seemed to choke on her words.

"I love you too Nessie" I said as I put a hand on her cheek. I was taken aback as her eyes latched onto mine. My chest tightened instantly.

"I love..." She took a deep breath and her face began to harden. "I love...Nahul" She finally said.

I began to unconsciously shake my head. A surge of opposing emotions ran through me - pain, anger, sadness, rage, disbelief and finally heartbreak.

"What? Nessie you can't do this to me. We belong together" I said as I held her by her shoulders.

"Jake, stop" she said as she struggled to pull away.

"No, Ness you don't understand, I love you. You're my LIFE" I said as I held her tighter.

"Jacob, stop, let go. You're hurting me Jacob, let go." she pleaded as she continued to fight my grip. Her voice began to fade in my head as the realization of what was going on began to hit me hard.

"Please Jacob. Let go." Nessie said as she began to sob.

"Let her go" Another voice stopped my hysteria. Nahul stood only a couple of feet behind Nessie, his hands balled into fists.

"You!" was all I could say. I finally let Nessie go as my whole body began to shake. Nahul's body crouched down ready for my attack.

"Jacob stop" Bella said as she instantly appeared between Nahul and Nessie. "Know that Nessie's thought about this long and hard. And that none of us influenced her in any way. She loves Nahul." Bella said. She tried to keep a strong straight face, but her eyes showed that she was hurting.

"How much can pain can you put me through Bella?!" I said as I slowly felt my anger to fade- sadness taking over my whole being.

"A heart can't help who it loves" Nahul said softly.

"You! Shut up! You're the cause of all this!" I said as tears began to stream down my face.

"Enough, Jacob." Nessie said, pain consumed her face. "I love Nahul, I want to be with him. I - - - I don't want to be with you anymore" she said, her voice said yet confident.

"We're leaving" Bella said. "Today. Right now, actually." she said as she grabbed Nessie's elbow.

I froze were I stood, numb from what just happened. I felt Nessie walk towards me. She raised a hand to face.

"Don't." I said stone faced. "I don't need your pity" I said. "I thought you were different. But you're not. You're just another bloodsucker out to hurt as many people as you. You're all the same. Just leave." I said, turned around and started to walk away. I heard her whimper. It took all my strength to not turn around and apologize for the flood of lies that I just said.

"Good bye Jacob" I heard Nessie whisper. And then there were gone.

~~~

"Jacob, Jacob, Jake!" Seth said as he slapped my back snapping me out of the memory. "Where the heck is Leah? Mom's freaking out!"

"She's - out. Getting some air" I said trying to regain composure.

"What a day! The Cullens are back. I wonder wh-" Seth said scratching his head

"What do you mean the CullenS are back? Did you hear anything? Are they all back?" I asked franticly.

"Neh man, I meant Edward and Bella were back, I didn't mean.." Seth said realizing what he just said. "Look Jacob, they wouldn't come back here if it wasn't important. I know its hard to see them here. And you're right, they should have called or something first. But the fact is they're here, and we have to deal with that. Just remember the treaty- it still stands. As hard as it may be, you have to remember you're an Alpha, you're OUR Alpha." he said looking at me not with sympathy, but with respect. Geez, Leah's right, Seth is growing up.

"Geez kid, when did you get so smart?" I said with a smirk. "You're right. Its just hard, with Leah thinking I'm still inlove with...um...Bella's daughter" I felt ridiculous not saying Nessie's name. But thinking about what happened during our last meeting seemed break me a bit.

"Aren't you Jake?" Seth asked. "I mean I know you love my sister, but don't you still love..um..Bella's dauther?" Seth said with an uncomfortable smirk. "I remember how torn Bella felt before she got married. She told me about it once. How she loved Edward but she loved you too. Is it like that?" Seth continued.

I couldn't give him a straight answer. I knew - I know I love Leah. But I'm not sure anymore if I'm really over Nessie. I can't believe I'm putting Leah through what I had to go through. Life is so jacked up! I have to fix this. I can't lose Leah. I CANNOT lose her. I stood up and looked at Seth. "I love your sister Seth." was all I said and I began to run.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Holla peoples! Sorry it took so long to for me to do this. I've been deathly ill with a stupid cold. Anyway, I wanted to backtrack and showed you a bit of Jacob and how he and Ness broke up. A bit less dramatic than what I originally wanted, but you'll get to know more about it a bit later. I hope you guys like it!