Chapter Six - i love you too

Athena's POV

It's be a week and a half since I've been going to the Elders and that's how long it's been and I've learned how to control my powers when I get emotional, which is kind of a lot lately considering I'm still adapting to this life style.

When I get angry with someone things light on fire or whatever I touch either becomes hot or ice cold. I get the rest of the week off, because I'm helping Jeremy and Whitney prepare the baby's room and I get to go with Whitney to the ultrasound of the baby today.

"Are you ready?" I ask Whitney, whom looked nervous. She kissed Jeremy goodbye and we made our way up to Lenny's office; Jeremy's going out of town for Alpha business which is him recruiting new people into our pack. I watch the monitor as Lenny uses the ultrasound thingy to move across Whitney's stomach, since Whitney's a wolf she only has to wait five weeks.

It's been a week and a half since Whitney found out she's pregnant, I know it sounds crazy but that's how our bodies form and change into its shape of a werewolf. "And you have here the babies heart beat" Lenny said and my eyes went wide, did he just say 'babies'

"babies?" Whitney said with shock written on her face,

"yes that is right, you are having twins" Lenny smiled and wiped the gooey substance off of Whitney's tummy

"Congrats Whit" I said hugging her; she grinned and hugged me back. In a week's time we get to see the gender of the babies, I can't wait to meet my nieces or nephews or niece or nephew.

"Can I ask you something?" Whitney asks me and pulls her top over her tummy

"of course" I said gasping her hand and pulled her up right.

"Do you like my brother?" Whitney said and I blushed giving it away that I did have feelings for her brother, these feelings are all still new to me but I like these feelings.

"You do, you're blushing" Whitney said with a giggle.

"That is so cute, but so gross" I laughed and pushed her lightly, she laughed at me blushing and I hid my face in my hands.

"I'm not talking to you" I sooked at Whitney and went down stairs but before I left she yelled 'you love me' which was true because she's my best friend.

"What happened?" Kayden said laughing and I blushed at what just happened with his sister.

"Nothing" I grumbled and jumped onto the counter.

"How'd the ultrasound go?" Kayden asked and I smiled

"she's having twins" I grinned and poked my tongue out at Whitney as she came down the stairs and winked at me.

"Congrats sis" Kayden said and hugged his sister.

'Hello Darling,

It's been nearly a month since I've seen you, you disgusting piece of shit. Oh how daddy has missed you, I can't wait till I see you again, you little slut.

-Daddy'

"Athena! What's wrong" Whitney asked alarmed as I dropped my phone on the kitchen floor and the water bottles around us froze, he's coming for me he's going to kill me. I started panicking in my head, my breathing picked up and the stove caught on fire.

My nightmares had just gone away, I was finally opening up to people and now my worst nightmare is coming for me.

"Athena, Stop" Kayden yelled and Whitney tried to get me back into the present state we we're in, I kept muttering 'no' over and over again. Flashbacks of the abuse, I received throughout my life we're flashing before my eyes, the years and years of abuse and torment were flashing before my eyes and one scene stopped and it was my father he yelled in my face

"Where ever you go, I'll find you and I'll kill you" I screamed and the memory and all the memories stopped and I was back in the kitchen.

"What was that for" I yelled when Whitney slapped me across the face, I looked around to see the oven was burnt and so was the part of the counters water was everywhere.

"What happened here?" I asked and Kayden and Whitney both looked at me like I was crazy.

"Your eyes rolled into the back of your head, you started shaking and you screamed after muttering 'no' over and over again" Kayden said and grabbed my hands as Whitney felt my forehead.

"Okay, I don't remember what happened" I mumbled and Whitney picked up my phone,

"Kayden, get Jeremy on the phone now" she said after she read what was sent to me on my phone. I honestly don't remember what happened, all I do remember is getting a message and readying it and then I blacked out.

After Whitney sent me to my room, I sat on my bed and listened to some music.

"Hey" Kayden said and entered my room, I sat up and smiled

"hey" I crossed my legs and sat crisscrossed, Kayden sat next to me and sighed.

"Jeremy will be here in a couple hours" he said and I nodded

"I'm sorry for what happened downstairs" I whispered and sighed

"I don't know what happened" I said and looked up at Kayden, he handed me a phone which I recognized as my own phone. I read the message on the screen, my heart stopped in my chest. It was a text from my father; I switched the phone off and dropped it on the bed.

"Tell me what he did to you Athena, I care about you so much. I'd risk my own life for you, heck it's been a month and I'm in love with you. I want to protect you for the rest of my life, I want to grow old with you and watch our kids grow up and our grandchildren grow up, I know this is all crazy because it's been a month since we've met and I'm already head over heels in love with you" Kayden said in one whole breath full, I grabbed him by the shirt collar and pressed my lips against his, silencing his from blabbering on anymore.

"I love you too" I said against his lips.