મ૩ | ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ..

મ૩ | ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ..

Dante's question surprised me. I didn't know what to say..it was like my throat closed up on me. I stared at Dante with wide eyes, starting to sit up. Dante gave me a soft smile, kissing my forehead. My insides felt like they were heating up, and I blushed. I attempted to swallow the lump in my throat. Dante wanted to marry me? Me, of all people?

He chuckled, "Yes, I want you to be my wife." I was still in my senior year of high school. Ididn't really have anything to offer him.. Dante sat up and reached over the side of the bed, pulling up his pair of pants. He puled a small velvet box out of his pants pocket, and then turned to me. He slowly opened the box, and I gasped. Inside sat a gorgeous ring, diamons almost everywhere on the ring. In the middle was a large, circular diamond, an intricate pattern of diamonds surrounding the diamond,on top of the gold band. He grinned at my reaction, "It's fourteen karot. I thought you would like it." 

"I-I love it!" I cried, hugging him. I kissed his cheek over and over, and he pulled me into his lap. "So what do you say? Will you be my Mrs. Carter?" He stared into my eyes, waiting for my answer. I looked down, and then looked up at him.

"Of course!"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. Dante sighed, "I love you, Monae. I've been waiting to say that your face for a while, now." I softly smiled, "I love you too, Dante." He hugged me, and I kissed his lips gently. He laid back, and I placed my head over his heart, the soft, rhythmic beats lulling me to sleep. My dreams were filled with ideas about the wedding. I was simply that happy. 

When I woke up though, I was in a totally different environment. Sitting up, my eyes fell upon the mirror across from the bed, in which I could see that my hair was messed up. I smoothed down the parts that were standing up, and looked around the room. It was spacious, and classy, the walls being burgundy, which went well with the gold decor about the room, like the bedsheets. Pushing the covers aside, I swung my legs to the side of the bed. My feet met the soft, beige carpet on the floor, and I stood up.

I noticed that I was also in a different outfit, as well. It was a long, pretty, floral lounge dress. I was happy that it was warm in the room, because if it wasn't, my arms would've fallen off. Coming out of the room, I walked out into the hallway, dimly lit by a lamp on the wall. I looked to the left and to the right, and decided to take a right. 

Venturing down the stairs, I began to hear laughter and an ever so familiar voice. An aroma..salty and spicy entered my nose, teasing my senses. I came into the kitchen, and stopping, a smile appearing on my face. 

Dante and Amir.

Dante appeared to be making dinner, and Amir was being his assistant. I had no clue what they were making, but it smelled delicious. "You think Mommy would want some more spice?" Dante asked him, to which Amir shook his head. He let Amir stir the pot, while he held it for him. This was absolutely adorable. A father and son cooking for for me. Dante was right, we really were like a family. That was one of Dante's dreams. 

I giggled, and their attention turned to me. Amir placed his spice shaker down, reaching his arms out for me as I walked further into the kitchen. "Mama," he cooed at me. I kissed his nose, rubbing his back. "You smell clean," I commented, looking towards Dante, "someone must've given him a bath.." Dante grinned, "Not just someone, his Daddy did it." I could tell that Dante enjoyed calling himself that, as he should. He was Amir's father, after all, nothing could change that. 

Looking into the pot, it seemed like my two chefs were making rice. "That's all we're having to eat?" I asked him. He nodded. "You should take it easy, after all you've been through. That's why I let you sleep." I kissed his cheek, "You're so sweet." He smiled, and I walked to the living room, taking a seat in the large recliner. Amir was playing with the strap of my dress, almost as if he was dissecting a frog. He soon moved onto my necklace, and I kissed his forehead. Amir was always so curious, so inquistive. I'm just content that he doesn't have enough energy to get into anything. 

Soon enough, dinner was ready, and Amir managed not to make a mess with his food. I went ahead and got him changed into his pajamas, and read him a story, to get him sleepy. Amir's room was just like his room back home..I really appreciated that Dante went through all the trouble to make his room like that. He's really serious about us being a family, which is something he deserves.

I heard the front door open and close, and I walked towards Dante. He was holding an envelope, staring at it, and looking it over. "This was outside," he told me, his attention tuning to me. 

"It's for you," he said, "there's no return address on it, though.."

I took it out of his hands, looking it over. The envelope was a a soft, pastel purple color, and in gold letters, read my first name. 

"I think I'll open it later," I said, placing it on the counter. I looked down at the ring on my finger, and then looked up at Dante. "We have to figure out how to get home."

He pulled me close to him, kissing my forehead, "Already made plans. But as long as you and Amir are by my side, that's where my home is."