Ձ૦ | sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ.

Ձ૦ | sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ.

Lorenzo picked her up, sitting her on the counter. We crowded around her, her eyes focused on me. "Look at me, Dee." Lorenzo commanded, getting her attention. "You know, Monae isn't your mother, right?"

She nodded. Lorenzo kissed her forehead, and I bit my lip. "She spends a whole three and a half weeks with Ramiro," Dad sighed. "and doesn't speak. You give her a hug, and she says you look like her mother." 

I wonder why. That makes me wonder who her mother actually is. What happened to her before she was adopted? Lorenzo picked her up, kissing her forehead. "Did you ever ask who her mother was?" I asked him. He shook his head, "It never crossed my mind.."

"We're back!" The front door opened, Ramiro, Diana, and Mom walking in the house. Denise was happy to see him, and she reached for him. "Hey Dee-Dee," he grinned, "you're looking as pretty as always." She wrapped her arms around her neck, resting her head in between his neck and shoulder. Diana looked at Denise, smiling softly. "You missed it, Miro. She talked!" 

He tickled her, "So you talked for Monae, but not for me?" She giggled, and it was so cute. Denise fidgeted in Ramiro's arms, laughing so hard that she snorted. Ramiro kissed her cheek, and let her down, Diana watching from the side, a soft smile on her face. My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I looked at it. It was a text from Brandon, asking if it was okay to go to the library today.

We've been getting a lot of projects and essays from our teachers, its's ridiculous.  It seemed like everyday, there was something that needed to be done. I've been losing sleep over it, and I'm  so tired in the morning. I asked Daddy if it was okay to go, and he said it was fine, but Ramiro had to drive me.

"Ain't nobody driving that big headed girl no where," he smirked at me. Dad flicked his forehead, "That "big headed" girl is your sister, and if she fails this class because of you, it's your ass." He turned his attention to me, and kissed my forehead. "Go get your things, baby."

I texted a reply to Brandon, saying that it was fine. He sent me another one, stating that he would be here soon. Once I gathered the important things I needed, I looked at myself in the mirror. I lifted up my shirt a bit, and I could finally see the actual baby bump. I hoped that I wouldn't show at all, but that was impossible. I was going to start to grow bigger and bigger, and nobody from school would be around to see it. It was better that way. 

I decided to keep on my sweatpants, and I decided to leave my hair down. I pulled on a hoodie, and closed the door to my room. Ramiro was already in the car when I walked outside, and he gave me a look as I got in. "What?" I asked him. "What's up with you and Brandon? Y'all better not be fucking." 

I gasped, "Ramiro! Stop!"

"I'm just messing with you," he laughed, turning the corner. "You start to show yet?"

I nodded, "It's not much, but it's there."

"Hopefully you don't start showing till you 4 1/2 or 5 months along. Is Brandon going to bring you your work?" He asked, glancing at me. I nodded, "He said he would." 

Ramiro grinned, and shook his head. "I think that boy likes you, Nae."

I blushed, looking away from him, and out of the window. "No he doesn't.." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't press the situation, but knowing him, he was going to continue. And that's exactly what he did, just like I expected. "No nigga would just offer to help you with your work and take it to you when you're pregnant. He would've told somebody if he didn't like you so much." I rolled my eyes, "Brandon's nice and helpful."

"And he likes you. I can see it in his eyes."

"Why would he like me of all people?" I looked at Ramiro, and he stopped at the red light. Georgia was beautiful at night, well at least to me. It made me feel relaxed, and it had gotten dark enough, so dark that I could see the stars twinkle in the sky, along with the moon. Ramiro and I stopped for some fries, and i forced him to buy something for Brandon. I would feel weird eating in front of him and he didn't have anything.