Chapter 9

I’m frozen, caught in between a death stare between siblings, I guess?

“What the hell is this Jane put the gun down”?  Mr. Foster says almost so calm its almost unsettling

“Don’t worry little brother, I was never going to hurt anyone, I just wanted to meet that wonderful girl you left me for this morning. So which one is she? Not going to tell me?It saddens me that I’m going to have to ruin it. Because we cant have a teacher dating his student can we?” everyone looked around.

Courtney was looking between me and Mr. Foster smiling.

 Jane caught her eye. “oh no” mason said in a soft whisper, as if seeing everything I was seeing.

“So is it her?” Jane said walking over grabbing my shirt and lifting me an inch off the ground. Wow this girl is strong.

“PUT HER DOWN JANE!” Mr. Foster said running over and grabbing me from her arms.

He held me close. Too close, for the other students to see. I pushed him away.

“Jane, he only drives me to school, nothing more, we are nothing.” I said in no more than a whisper.

Mr. Foster gave me a heart-wrenching look. “Really?” I heard Jane say.

This time the question wasn’t directed toward me it was directed towards Mr. Foster.  He didn’t say anything.

Then we heard sirens. Cops finally.

Just then Jane stuck her gun in her back pocket, and zipped up her jacket. “Goodbye Brother” she said. Then she looked at me “See you very soon” She turned and left through the door, she was gone for now. 

School was dismissed early and I walked home. Sitting in this house was lonelier than being in a cave for six months alone. Lillie went to her friend’s house after school to gossip about today’s events. I was just hoping my name didn’t come up.

Surprisingly mason didn’t call to ask if I was okay. The next day we didn’t have school. I was expecting that we wouldn’t I mean why would we? A lunatic gets into our school with a gun. The school has to reevaluate their security for a day.

Lillie slept at her friends. I was home alone all night. I didn’t sleep with what happened yesterday.

Did I really mean I didn’t like Mr. Foster I mean I have had weird feelings for him lately and we almost did kiss.  I just don’t know how to deal with someone like him. Plus he didn’t say anything when Jane asked him how he felt in the school.

I guess he just likes to play games.

I walk out to the kitchen and grab coffee. What am I going to do today? “Hmmm”

I want to do something I normally wouldn’t. I want to have a emotional change for a day. I decide to text the bitch I swore to myself I would never confide in.

Since mason isn’t talking to me, why not text Courtney?

Hey Courtney, its Maggie I have a proposition for u.  U like to party.  But don’t have a house to do it at. Why don’t you call all your guy and girl friends invite them to my house for party. I’m hosting.

1 hour later*

DING! I rush over to my phone.

Guess I underestimated u, what time?

I quickly texted her back

Be here at six.

Tonight needs to be perfect. I called Lillie and told her to stay at her friends house tonight, she gladly complied. I grabbed my coat and boots …we need liquor. I ran to the closest grocery store. How am I going to buy this?

I see a man about to walk in. He looks shady enough. I asked him to buy me alcohol and paid him double the cost. He complied, wow that was easy.

I ran to a drug store and grabbed soda and chips. I was walking down the street with a cart I took. I looked even more like a loser. But I need this to be perfect. So its worth it. 

It 5, I grab a towel and run up the stairs to shower. I get out and blow dry and straighten my long red hair, then I grab a dress mason got for as a joke, because it was tiny, looked like a shirt, black, and fit like a second skin.

Its 6, where is everyone?

And hour later people start piling in. Cars filling up my driveway, spilling down the street. 50 cent is blaring. This is hectic; I’m almost starting to regret it.

 Courtney is ignoring me and three guys wont leave me alone, a man walks by who looks to be at least 24, he spills his drink on me and winks.

I’m a little wasted myself so I smile back. What the heck I wanted to be different tonight I want to forget Mr. foster. I zip down the back of my dress and slide it off. I’m only in a bra and panties.

The door bell rings, not thinking I walk over in my bra and panties and open it.

Speak of the devil. Mr. Fosters beautiful eyes are on the other side, at first he looks angry then he looks down my body.  He takes off his coat and puts it around me.

“what are you doing here?” I say in a slur

“are you drunk” he says ignoring my question.

“ppshh noo” I say unconvincingly.

He grabs my hand. “Youre coming with me”

“What no this iss my party woo, huh I got an idea why don’t you come in? you can come up to my room? We can have fuuunn???

 Next thing I know I’m over his shoulder and were walking over to his house.

“ooo mr foster you’re so strong?”

We walk in, his house is modern looking except for the paintings on his walls. They’re beautiful.

He lays me on his bed. And covers me with his blanket and then he closes the door and leaves.

Next thing I know I’m really tired and the room goes black.