Chapter 7

Here i am sitting in a chair infront of the principal’s office, waiting for my best friend and my teacher to finish up in there. It all happened so fast.

All I remember is our conversation afterwards. First Mr. Foster almost called me a slut then Mason punched him. Mason was sticking up for me but he shouldn’t of hit him. Mr fosters face afterwards was sad and he looked guilty. He stood up immediately took my hand, might I add in front of everyone who had stopped to watch after the punch mason had delivered. I just gasped because he led me into his room and just sat on his desk. He put his head in his hands and just started crying. I just looked at him then he looked up and said “I didn’t mean that, I was jealous and I shouldn’t be butting in on your life.” At first I didn’t know what he meant but then I got it, he was apologizing for almost calling me a slut.

“Mr foster please you don’t have to do this we can forget and move on after this". I wasn’t quite sure what “this” was I think I was speaking about both the almost kiss and the almost insult. I walked over to him looked at him and said “can I go?” and he looked hurt and I know I felt it. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I have to stay away from him, im getting him and me in trouble. I don’t like that im hurting him the most. I turned around. “wait” he said

“I need to say something”….. I started to shake. “are you with him?, im not trying to be intrusive but are you guys together in that way?” I not sure what he was asking, whether I had sex with mason or I was dating him. I turned to answer but the classroom door swung open. The principal was standing there looking at us, between us.

Then he waved his hand at us “I need you both to come with me” Mr. foster stood up calmly and walked towards him. The principal immediately said “ good grief your eye its swelling we need to get you to a hospital before we talk. Mr Foster shook his head and said “no need im fine” I just walked behind the two while the principal assured Mr. foster everything would be handled accordingly. I was shocked back to reality when the door to the principals office swung open. The principal walked out and brought Mason with him, Mason looked mad or pissed one of the those emotions. Then Mr. Foster walked out and looked pissed too.  I wasn’t sure who got in trouble here. I got up as soon as the principal walked away from mason, I started to walk towards mason but the principal stopped me. “ I need to see you next.” He turned to both of the guys and told them to take a seat where I just sat before. I kind of wondered if they get into a brawl when I was in the principals office and I immediately became worried as the door shut to office. I sat down and looked around. His office was rustic looking, old wooden desk and pictures of his family and old western sayings on the wall. “So miss Bordeau, why did Mason punch Mr. foster? I looked shocked his voice was hard as if I did something wrong. I just sat there with my mouth wide open trying to speak but nothing coming out. “ I don’t know sir” is all I could manage at this time. “ Well Mason said it was because Mr. foster almost called you a slut an Mr. Foster says he did not say anything like that.” WHAT DO I SAY?

Do I tell him yes, that’s the truth but Mr. Foster could get fired and he said he was sorry, he even started crying, he really looked like he didn’t mean it. But if I say no then Mason could get suspended or even worse expelled. Oh god why is my junior year starting like this. “I didn’t hear him, I was ignoring everything happening.” I quickly said. “Next Question” he said in an even harder tone, “why were there several eye witnesses who said they saw Mr. Foster grab your hand and pull you into his room.?” That doesn’t sound very teachery to me?” I’m shocked “what are you implying?” I say offended. I definitely did nothing wrong, I’ve been trying to stay away from Mr. foster since yesterday happened even though I so much want to be around him. …..And now im here because he was jealous. Oh god “he brought me into his room to stop the scene in the hallway, he calmed me down and was about to bring both me and Mason to your office sir” I said in a cold tone. The principal looked at me and smiled, he looked almost relieved with my answer. “Okay you’re all set, on your way out can you tell mason to come in here?” I nodded and told mason to go In and ran away before he could quiz me on what happened in there.

Mr. Foster stood up and followed me. I saw him trying to catch up with me. I gave up with running away and slowed down wanting to be near him guiltily. “hi” he said in a whisper I turned and stopped then …he hugged me. Everything felt on fire my whole body i didnt ever want to let go. I immediatly felt happy   even though i should be exhausted from all the drama today but no i felt energized. He let go immediately looking around i was disapointed i felt cold again.Then he said he’ll see me tomorrow as he walked away I contemplated whether or not I ever wanted to come back to school. But in the end my answer was yes……. because of Mr. Foster.