Chapter 2

I'm sitting in the cafeteria when mason runs up to me. He looks worried. Mason has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, hes slim and about 6 foot 1, hes a sophmore like me.

"Hey" i say all teary eyed 

"Whats wrong?" he says

 I tell him everything that happened and he just stares at me and laughs.

"MAASSE!

'I'm sorry mags but i wouldnt worry about courtney, she just does that stuff to get to you, and as for foster , i wouldnt worry he probably feels bad by now." The bell rings and i hug Mason. He looks at me and decides to escort me to homeroom, which he also happens to be in. We get to Mrs. Riners room and shes not there instead standing in her place is Mr. Foster. WHAT?... I look at Mason and he grabs us seats in the back.

I dont think Mr. Foster has seen me yet. Mason tries to calm me down and we just decide to talk about the weather. I look up and i see Mr. Foster going over the attendance sheet calling out names to see if every ones here

"Jenna Marbury?"

"Cassie Hoskins?"

"Mag---"

He stops and raises his head quickly and looks around i slump in my desk, but it doesnt work he still sees me. 

He continues to read my name "Maggie Bordeau?"

"Here" i barely say loud enough

"uhm Maggie i'd like to see you after class"

i nod and then turn to mason and give him a guilty look. Mr Foster finishes and stands up

"alright class since Mrs. Riner has quit so suddenly, i will be taking her place. I only have you for 10 minutes so i'd like you to please pay attention. There is going to be a beginning of the year class trip, the history department is taking the sophmore class to New york city to see the statue of liberty, we will be there for 5 days and need a parent signature on these sheets i'm handing out, i hope all of you can make it"

He starts handing out the sheets, he sets them on everyones desk and then hands me mine, our hands touch briefly and we both gasp and jump slightly. Everyone seems to notice. my hand is tingling where he touched me. He walks away and i bite my lip and look down. Mason taps me and i jump out of my trance.

"What was that? he says

"What was what?

"Mr. Foster just looked at you weird when he handed you the paper"

"I dont know what youre talking about"

Mason shrugs it off and i look away from him back up to Mr. Foster, he's sitting at his desk touching his hand. I think he felt what i did. But what was that? He looks up at me all of a sudden and i just look back. We stare at each other for a good 3 minutes. Then the bell rings bring us back to reality. 

I grab my bag, i have to get out of here, but just as i'm reaching the door i hear Mr. Foster

"excuse me Maggie, i wanted to speak to you, please stay back for a second."

ive never been more afraid to talk to a teacher in my life.