Chapter 4

"are you serious?" i say as i get out of Mr. Fosters gorgeous car.

"yep, guess ill be seeing you around Maggie" and like that Mr Foster was gone, well next door anyway. I take lillie inside and she runs up to her room and gets ready for bed. I on the other hand decide to delay my sleep and watch a movie. Iron Man sounds good. I pop in the movie and plop on the couch. I think about my day and the weird feeling like something was missing in my life at this point. Im feeling weird things towards my teacher. I sit here and all i want is for him to touch my hand again so i can feel that electricity...i slightly wonder how it would feel to have his lips on mine....Wow Stop it Maggie. i mentally slap myself. What am i thinking he's my teacher nothing else, and thats how it has to stay.. sadly. 

I wake up the next morning, still in the same clothes, mom is making breakfast and is singing in the kitchen. "oh finally you're awake" she says as she dances her way into the living room. "Honey i have to ask you something" .. squint my eyes and say "mom its 5 am, why do you have to ask me now?" ..my head is still throbbing but i sit up and listen to her anyway. "okay so i saw that Mr. Foster has moved in next door and so i took the liberty of going over this morning and asking him some questions." i stop her "wait mom its 5 am, exactly how early did you go over there?" she gives me a smile and says "honey i don't think that man sleeps because when i woke up at 4am he was already up getting his paper." i nod for her to continue with her earlier question "well as i was saying, with our lack of cars and me having to take the bus, i asked him if it would be alright if he could take you to school from now on when i have to work

"MOTHER?! NO ABSOLUTELY NOT HE IS MY TEACHER"

"come on maggie, i really need this job, i cant support us otherwise, without your father i need this job" 

i suddenly feel guilty, my father left us 2 months ago and my mother is just picking up the pieces, i guess she's right. "okay mom"

she squeals with excitement.."did i mention he might have to bring you home sometime too?"

"MOM!"

"honey you're a life saver"

"yeah, yeah" i say 

"well you better go get ready, Mr Foster will be here in an hour."

i jump up, and run upstairs, i shower, then blow dry and curl my long red hair, i decide to show off my legs today and wear a mini skirt and a black shirt with a hoodie encase my mom decides to retaliate.

I look at the clock and its already 6:55, Mr, Foster will be here any second i call for lillie and she's already ready to my surprise on the downstairs couch. I grab my bag and the door bell rings, I look around and my mom is already gone for her shift.

i walk casually over to the door and open it, there is Mr. Foster standing in brown cackys and a green and white plaid shirt with his hair tousled just enough to make him look perfect, he smells minty fresh. I stare dumbfounded and then shake my head and come back to reality. Mr Foster doesn't seem to be in reality himself. He's looking straight down at my bare legs and i suddenly feel self conscious and i say awkwardly "see something you like"

He looks up embarrassed and says "sorry but is that uhm skirt allowed by dress code?" i laugh and say while batting my eyelashes "yes Mr. Foster" he gulps and  waves his hand toward his car for us to follow him. I swear i heard a "sweet jesus" come from his mouth when he turned and i just grinned and walked confidently to his car.

I walk to first period when the bell rings. Mr. Foster already hurried himself there. I get there and he is handing back our papers we apparently did yesterday after i stormed out. He looks at me as he is handing them out and says "see me after class", he lectures us and the bell finally rings. I walk up to his desk and he swallows an says "you missed the topic of discussion yesterday, you're going to have to stay after to make up that paper." 

I look at him "is today good?, wait what are we gonna do with lillie she will never sit through this without food or television"

"We could do it at your house?" he says hesitantly

My eyes go wide but i for some reason say "okay"

and he tells me he will come in and do it when he drops us off.

The rest of the school day goes by quickly. I see Mason.

"Mase!" i yell across the cafeteria

he runs over and we talk

"so can i come over after school?" he asks

"uhm i have this tutoring session with foster" i say quietly, leaving out the details that he's driving me home and he lives next door and that the session is at my house.

"Foster? really? okay"

"yah" i say awkwardly

"well can i come over afterwards?"

"yah! i would like that"  i say grinning

"so what time?"

" 5" i say happily

It comes to the end of the day and i'm in the car with foster on my way home lillie has her headphones in and is singing to some one direction song.

We get to the house and we all go in, Lillie runs upstairs and i sit on the couch with Mr. Foster, My teacher. He pulls out his material and paper for me. He looks up and sees me staring at him, i blush innocently and turn my head. 

"see something you like?" he says jokingly

I blush even harder. "How old are you Mr. Foster?" 

"26" he says

He looks at me "how old are you?" he asks 

"16" i say 

and he sighs

"so young and so beautiful" he says in barely a whisper

I bite my lip an look at him. He stares and leans into me...but stops. I frown and turn my head. 

"We better get going on this work" he says as his breath hitches

"okay" i say

He talks at me for a good hour and then it is time to pack up. He grabs his things and looks at me. 

"Do you understand everything?"

"yes" i say

"good than ill need that paper by tomorrow" he say grinning

i turn my head laughing, he then gently grabs my chin and turns it toward him

" Maggie?" he says in a slight whisper

I nod as if answering his non existent question

and he leans in  inches from my lips and whispers "i like you" and then he leans closer....

We both suddenly jump back theres a knock at the door. Mason.

i jolt up. Look at Mr. Foster and say "you have to hide"