VIII. Starting something

The door bell to the townhouse rang and I went up to got our order from TaeSang's Korean Restaurant. When I appeared with the bags of food, Nuri, who had been sitting on the floor barefoot, clapped her hands and cheered before reaching out to me.

We sat on the floor with our backs against the living room wall, our legs stretched out, and the meal between us. I was shit with chopsticks but she went about her meal like a professional maneuvering the sticks this way and that. 

It was easy being around her, something about her spirit welcomed and soothed me.

"I'm an only child," she answered me swatting away  my hand as I reached for a ginger cookie.

"You don't say," I said dryly and watched her swipe it up and into her mouth. "I would have never guessed with your stellar sharing skills and all."

"This stuff is bad for you," she reasoned with a wink but was nice enough to feed me a roll with her fingers. "What about you. . . any brothers or sisters?" She wiped at my chin with her hand.

"I have a large family actually," I spoke around the sweet snack. "I was born smack in the middle of seven brothers and three sisters."

"Wow, lucky Your house must have been a riot."

I frowned. "Actually no. We were all so busy and wrapped up in our own schedules we never really saw much of each other. Maybe during the holidays."

"Your parents?" she kept pushing.

"Alive and well. Living it up in San Francisco," I answered and wanted her to feed me some more. "Where are your parents. I can't believe they would leave their only daughter here alone."

"You mean with all these men wandering around," she said with a laugh. It was not funny. I didn't like the ideal of her being out on her own without a person to call when there was an emergency. "My parents are retired. They are settled in a lovely country home in the Caribbean." She fed me the last ginger cookie and was on her feet gathering our trash into one bag. She went to her purse on the breakfast bar and returned with a small bottle.

"What's that?"

"Hand sanitizer," she explained looking down at me. "Gimme your hands."

I stood to my full height not liking how she towered over me. Now that she was heel less she had lost a few  inches. "Yes ma'am," I said holding my hands out to her.

She blinked up at me than pumped some of the cool liquid into my hands. As I rubbed it in she turned away from me abruptly and went back to her bag. I followed closed behind and when she turned she came crashing into my chest. She would've fallen backwards if I hadn't reached out to steady her.

"Easy now," I said  happy to have her body up against mines again. "I can't have you falling to your death."

Her hands were spread out on my chest and her large eyes frantically looked up at me. I'd never seen someone so weary.

"You startled me," she said in a low whisper and cast her eyes down and away from mine.

My hands went down to rest on her waist than moved to the swell of her hips. A flicker of desire moved between us and I was suddenly buzzing with that odd charge I got whenever I was near her. "My fault," I admitted my voice came out a rough sound. All my blood went rushing to my groin and I was hardening.

I noticed that her breathing had picked up and was labored. I kept staring at her mouth and nearly came undone when her tongue did a leisurely slide across to moisten her lips.

"Fuck," I groaned when she moved her hands up and around my neck. I lowered my head to rest my cheek on hers. Again I pulled her into me and up against my erection. "Oh, Nuri I want you right here, right now."  My hands gripped her round behind and my heart did flips when she whimpered under my touch. "I can't keep my hands off of you angel. I'm dying to have you again."