VI. Square One

I awoke later than usual. I would've bolted out of bed but smiled when the familiar vanilla scent went in my nose and in my head. Rolling onto my back, the biggest smile crept onto my face as I remembered soft curls tickling my chest as warm breast filled my mouth.

Nuri Hart.

Last night we ate dinner and I had her for dessert. I had her for dessert all- night- long. It wasn't enough that I had her at the table, I needed to be inside her making her come against every possible surface I could manage. I lost count after our shower session.

She knew how to make a me feel wanted, and pleased me within an inch of my life.This morning, I had so many plans for her and reached over for my phone to make various calls for the day. I wasn't even close to being done with her.

Everything went to shit when I saw the small square paper propped up on the lamp. There were words scribbled on it, and I didn't need to look further than the empty rumpled sheets to know it was from her.

Caught up in the morning glow, I hadn't realized that beside me lay nothing but cold air and I stared at her empty spot unsettled and unnerved.  Was I losing my mind? She was actually here with me. Right? No fucking way I could have imagined it?

I snatched my blackberry along with the damned note and called Ambrose. "Thanks for last night," it read.

"Allo," Ambrose's hoarse voice came through the line after the second ring.

"Where the fuck is she?" I asked and crumpled the paper in my palm chucking it onto the ground.

"Nuri? She check out early this morning ami. Watched her get on the early train back to Savoie."

I sighed. He couldn't know that I was a raging mess or else he wouldn't be so cool. I hesitated at the next question but pushed through regardless. "How was she?" Did she look mortified, like she was ready to jump off the nearest tall building?

"The same as usual. She seem like she was in a rush to get home though." Ambrose sounded weary, as he should. "Something wrong ami?"

"No," I spat back at him too quickly. "I'm fine. Just get me into her hotel room."

"Main oui," he said grunting and we both clicked off.

I chucked the phone across the bed, sat back leaning onto the headboard and stared down at the the tent in the sheets formed by my dick. Last night was beyond perfect, and this morning was a disaster. Here I was in this pathetic state again, and I had no Nuri to show for it. She should have been here helping me to sort things out. Like my dick. It was like I hadn't come for months.

I scowled up at the ceiling brain, a mess. Christ I'm screwed.

Of course she would bolt. We had a one night stand for fuck's sake. She had probably written me off as some sort of player who did this sort of thing on the regular. She wouldn't  have been wrong, but it still had me feeling like a cheap piece of shit.

After days of watching her and nights of jerking off to the fantasy I drummed up about her, I dug an entirely new whole for myself because now I knew exactly what I was missing. I rubbed my hand across my face and forced myself out of bed.

I took a  slow shower, purposely running my hands over myself imagining they were her delicate hands. Frustrated, I ended things convinced it wasn't even close to the real thing. How the fuck could she leave like that without even  a name, or number. Something... hell anything.

Ambrose made good on his word and got me into her hotel room, and I was lucky house keeping hadn't been by yet. The room still had that quaint Nuri stamp on it. She kept the room in top shape, the bed was made and everything in neat order. Her scent hung in the air and I sought out the area where it was most potent.