VII. Supplication

I dropped my hand from her arm and waited for her to right herself. She refused to look at me and it infuriated me to no end. "Nuri Hart," I whispered. She glanced up at me, her gentle and overwhelming beauty taking me down for the count.

"So you do have a name," I mused and fixed my tie. "You didn't say in that pathetic little note you left me." She still said nothing and kept her eyes fixed on me. I moved back and sat at the edge of the conference table and kept my eyes trained on her.

She shifted from one foot to the other, suddenly anxious under my scrutiny. I was just happy to be in the same room as her. "And now you show up here on my company doorstep bold as sin and wrapped in a lovely white wrapper." I pulled at my goatee. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

 She scoffed. "I'm sorry, but I don't make it a habit of sleeping with random people in random places. You must forgive me if I don't have proper morning after etiquette." She crossed her arms and the sight of her riled up made my dick twitch. "And I swear. . . If I knew I was walking into this awkward situation, I would have happily stayed my ass at home."

"God, I must have been shit in bed," I said shaking my head. "Cause you were the best I ever had woman."

She stiffened and looked like I knocked the wind right out of her. She bit down hard on her bottom lip before awkwardly clearing her throat. "Mr. King. . . Writing a review for your hotel is a real boost for my career. Joining your team of designers would be an even bigger boost."

She blinked away from me and managed a tremulous smile adding, "I hope past indiscretions won't hinder our dealings moving forward."

She sounded like a goddamned machine. I'd never seen a woman turn so cold so quick. She was dismissing me and basically telling me that she was willing to push what we had aside to remain at King Industries.

What did we have anyway? What ever it was, I know I didn't want it to end like this. I planned on being inside her again in the very near future.

She stepped around me, the sound of her retreating heels and her vanilla fragrance fogging up my thoughts. I quickly shook myself off the table and in a sudden act of desperation I called out to her. "Ms. Hart wait."

She stopped mid step and turned to face me. "Yes Mr. King." She sounded relieved.

I ran my hand through my hair and than down over my chin. "Would you like a tour of King's Court?"

She quirked her eyebrows and pouted those full lips. Yes, of course," she said nodding. "I would love a tour." She gave me that sweet smile and my heart did flips.

"Perfect."

"This is your car?" she asked curiously pointing at my black Range Rover.

I unlocked the car doors and opened the passenger side to let her in. "Yeah. Why?" I shot her a lopsided grin.

She didn't mean to look it, but I knew she was impressed. Shaking her head, she happily folded herself into the seat. "Nothing, I  just wasn't expecting it is all." She sank further into the seat and I bent down.

"And what were you expecting exactly?" I asked blinking at her.

"Something smaller, two doors maybe," she answered and ran her hand along the front dash. "This is - -  this is nice."

I shut her door and went around to the driver's side. I had read somewhere that people got a pep in thier step, and wondered if I looked like one of those people right now. I sure did feel like it.