II. Breakfast Twins

"Good Morning Mr. King," Ms. Thorpe greeted me from the kitchen. The woman, with her olive skin and long flowing gray hair was standing over the sink drying a plate with a towel. I stopped to watch her and without fail got lost in the pacifying motion of it all. I never understood why such a gentle action calmed me.

 "Good morning," I said and settled at the breakfast bar where my morning meal sat ready and waiting for me.

Adalaide Thorpe has been apart of my family for years now. She was more like a mother to me than my own flesh and blood, and she was used to me and my erratic ways, constantly there ready to change with the tide.

Forking at the sausage and scrambled eggs, I looked over  and across the way towards the studio apartment. It was not my usual habit but, after this morning's pitiful jerk session, it was all I kept doing. 

Wake up.

Look over at the studio apartments.

Take a shower.

Look over at the studio apartments.

Get dressed.

Look over at the studio apartments.

It was on a constant loop.

For whatever the reason, I wanted to catch a glimpse of her again. Her floral curtains were drawn shut and all I could see were two blossoming orchid plants and a fucky looking green vase. I was going to abandon the idea of her, but praise the heavens the drapes were drawn open and there she was wearing a short black summer dress with thin straps that kept falling over her shoulder revealing the top curves of her small breast.

I sat motionless as the world faded away and I watched.

She moved the straps back in place and tied her coily black hair back and out of her face. I had'nt realized I was holding my breath until I felt it push it's way out of my mouth.

I had completely abandoned my meal and was  caught up in what she was doing. She spritzed the orchid plants  with a spray bottle than went back towards her kitchen to take something from the stove. The sway of her hips had me in a fucking trance.

She plopped onto her couch with a plate of breakfast that she ate from and pointed the remote at the flat screen TV across from her. 

I imagined that her name was something exotic, like Shanice or Monica. Her voice was probably sensuous with a cool southern drawl like most of the women around here and she probably smelled so fucking nice.

We sat eating our breakfast. She couldn't see me and was totally consumed in her own life but for me, it  was like a light shining in the darkest of night. I was no longer eating alone. She was there with me, and I could watch her.

It felt right.

Absentmindedly I got my phone and dialed Ambrose. He knew his way around things and had connections that would rival even the most shady of politicians.

"Bonjou mon ami," the ragged voiced Cajun barked over the line. Armand Ambrose was the type of guy you avoided, and if you saw him in a dark ally . . . well than he would probably be the last thing you saw . . . ever because it meant that you were wanted dead and he was sent to kill you.

"I need you to check someone out for me," I said and watched her laugh out loud at something on the TV. I got my own remote to the kitchen tv just than and tired to search something out.

"Right away. Just need a name and Ambrose be good to go." He spoke in thrid person sometimes, annoying as fuck but it was just his way.

"Ahhhhh," I grumbled. "Don't got her name, but I do know where she lives. . . sorta."

I heard the man sigh into the phone. "What y'got?"

I stopped the channel hunt on some gap-toothed yellow sponge and a lobster holding a penny and ignored Ms. Thrope's curious look over at me. She was probably thinking I had gone mental.

Oh you have got no idea lady, I thought .

If she knew what I had planned, she would probably have me arrested- - or committed. 

I asked  Ambrose about the layout to the Hamilton Cove Studio Apartments and tried to explain her position to him. He assured me that he would get what I needed.

I smiled, and it was the kind of smile I felt on my face. It was the kind of smile reserved for only a select few people in my life. The glee was short lived as my black berry started up with the constant buzzing and dinging. The whole of Savoie was trying to reach me, and all I wanted to do was sit here and watch her.

Her smooth brown skin and slim yet curvy body, it was like watching an angel learning to be comfortable in the human world. Images of her displayed wide and open in her yellow underwear popped up again, and I was hard... again.

Fuck.

This was going to be a problem.