Chapter 21- "I'll treat you better than he ever did."

"Three days later and I still don't understand why you didn't just say yes to him in the first place." Harvey continued to pester me about my fight with Harry the other day.

"Because, Harvey, I don't wanna be that girl who drops everything just to go run off on some fairytale adventure with her boyfriend!"

"It's not a fairytale if it can happen." 

I shot him a super vicious glare but all he gave me in return was a lift of his eyebrows and the crossing of his arms over his chest.

"So basically, this isn't about your feelings for Harry. This is about your pride." He continued to speak after receiving the silent treatment from me.

"Yes, that's exactly it and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If this was about my feelings for him, I would be planning out our travel itinerary already. But if I go with him, everyone's just gonna label me as either the girlfriend who's using Harry for the trips and benefits that he can offer or as the clingy and needy girlfriend who would drop everything for her man. I know that I'm neither of those things so I'd rather not have people think that I am."

"The Penny that I had met for the first time a few months ago wouldn't have cared what people thought of her."

"And that's where you're wrong." I sat up from my laying position in my bed at the sound of my doorbell ringing. I got to my feet and made my way to the hallway. "No matter who a person is or what they say, every girl cares about other people's opinions, even if they only care a tiny bit."

By the time I had finished enlightening Harvey about the inner depths of a girl's mind, not that I even knew that much, I was already gripping my front door handle and pulling it open. The sight of Harry at my door amuses me because I was considering stopping by his flat to talk to him today, too.

"Hi." I said with a sigh, but even that sigh had a small smile. No matter what had happened, I'm always happy to see Harry.

"Hey."

He responded in a more relaxed manner after catching my smile. I opened my body to imply an invitation into my house, not that he needs one.

"Are we gonna stay down here or go in your room?"

"We can head up to my room. I don't know what time my dad's gonna be home and I don't wanna be down here to find out."

"You've still never told me about your issue with your dad." He pointed out as we walked up my steps and headed to my room.

"You'll find out soon enough." I replied, relieved that we were able to hold a normal conversation already. I know the fight wasn't that big and the anger was mainly exerted by Harry but it was still our first fight. I haven't really adjusted to the feeling of being a standstill with him yet.

I followed him into my room, shutting the door behind me before I turned to face him expectedly. He had taken the liberty to sit on my bed and stare at his folded hands in his lap.