Chapter 13- "What best friends are for."

"You guys were great, you know?" I praised Harry for his and his band's performance for what was probably the 10th time tonight. Beforehand I had a feeling that had to be good, but I didn't think that they could put  on a show quite like that. I was very impressed, and that's coming from a girl who listens to music that's meant to make you cry. 

"You think so? I mean, I wasn't sure after the other 200 times you told me tonight."

"Fuck you, Harry." I retorted and we both laughed as he drove the two of us back to, well, I'm not sure where. Because of this realization, I spoke up. "So what exactly do we do now?"

It was currently about to be 1 AM. Once the concert had finished, the boys, some of their friends that were in town, Perrie, and I all went out to a club in Cardiff. I mentally thanked Perrie for putting me into this dress because my normal attire would have never fit into this scene. I would've looked extremely out of place. Even though I didn't do nearly as much partying and dancing as Perrie despite her multiple requests, I actually had a great time. I mainly just sat by the bar where the boys finally convinced me to give into alcohol, though I of course only took it in small doses, especially because I was only 17, making it illegal by one year. But how could I say no to One Direction?

Harry's friend Ben from the other day was there, giving me another familiar face besides the boys and Perrie. He even offered to buy me a drink which he wouldn't let me turn down. Well, all of the boys bought me a drink tonight but that seemed more like a friendly gesture thing. Ben seemed genuinely interested in me, causing me to become interested in him considering I never usually get this kind of male attention. 

I learned that he was 20 and is currently studying criminal law in school, obviously knowing exactly wants to be while I did not. He claimed to be a great runner who loves to involve himself in many marathons and races, but his attempts at playing a real sport were always very lame. He currently lived alone in a studio apartment and happened to briefly mention that he was indeed single at the moment. That raised many questions in my mind like whether he was as fond of me as I was him already. It was only when Harry interrupted to offer me a ride home that our involved conversation ended, but not without an exchange of numbers. Harry eyed me the whole walk out of the club, but I rejected his cheekiness by refusing to give him information on my interest in Ben. 

"I was thinking that maybe I could accompany you to your room so I could talk to Harvey? I haven't talked to him in ages." 

"Okay."

"That's okay, right? I know it's late..."

"No, no, of course you can talk to him!" Who was I to keep two brothers apart from each other when Harvey's the reason that I'm even here enjoying this weekend in the first place? "Are you planning on staying the night?" 

"Erm, well, I don't know..." He said awkwardly. Oh god, I hope he didn't think that I meant stay the night in that way.

"Wait, no, I meant like you could sleep on the couch not-"

He interrupts my panicked rambling with laughter.

"I knew what you meant, Pen. It's just that I'm afraid of what kind of story the paps are gonna make when they see me go into your hotel at night and leave in the morning."