Chapter 9- "Of course there will be a next time."

Harry had been over my house for hours at a time for the following 3 days that he was in London to see Harvey. His initial reaction that first night of course was one of complete shock and overwhelming emotions, but since then, he had gotten used to the idea of having Harvey around. Well, as much as someone could in a situation like this. It really put a smile on my face when I would see them joking around as if Harvey were still alive. It truly felt like he was. They didn't miss a beat to catch up with each other.

As for me, I played more of a supervisor. Harry was able to talk to Harvey because of me, and they would obviously hang out at my house. I didn't mind at all, it was none of my business invading on their time, so I would just find a way to entertain myself in a different area of the house until Harry would say goodnight to me on his way out. He would be here so late that I wondered how he could manage to get up early the next morning to work without being exhausted to the point where he can barely think. That's how I would be. 

I, of course, was still skipping multiple days of school in a row, but not that it mattered much. I was a loner at school without Lucy and cutting classes was a thing for me on a normal day anyway. I knew I had no future because of my lack of talents and motivation, and my dad didn't give enough of a shit to force me to go to school. He acted like I didn't even exist.

On the day that One Direction were scheduled to leave London to move onto their next stop on tour, Harry gave me a surprise visit. It would've been a pleasant surprise if he hadn't woken me up at 5 AM by ringing me continuously on my phone. When I lazily dragged myself downstairs and opened the door dressed in sweats, he gave me a wide, goofy smile and held up a brown paper bag and a tray filled with two large coffees. If he wasn't holding those two things, I probably would've shut the door in his face. But instead, I stood to the side without a word to let him in, and he happily walked inside. I thanked god that my dad didn't come home from the bar last night and wasn't here to see this. Bringing a boy into the house would add to his long list of why he considers me to be a screw-up.

"Good morning!" Harry sang in a pitch a little higher than his usual tone and made his way over to the kitchen, knowing exactly where to go. I followed him in as he was placing the bag and coffee on the table. He walked over to the little radio on my counter and played with the stations, and I didn't take a second to sit on my ass and dig through the bag of goodies he brought over.

"So I see you got us breakfast?" I stated the obvious as I pulled out all different kinds of breakfast snacks that you could get at any diner, bakery, or coffee shop, many of which I'm sure he passes on the way here.

"Yep! Thought I would give us a nice treat for our last meeting." He explained without turning his attention away from the radio.

"You know that Harvey has refused to ever come out again in the day, right?" I reminded him as I bit off a big chunk of my corn muffin. 

"I know, I'm here to see you." 

He finally turned from the radio and walked back over to join me at the table. As he dug around the bag to pick his choice of breakfast, I realized what radio station he had put on. It was a relatively small radio station based just outside of London. Not many people knew of it, especially not people like Harry. It played small artists who were big enough to make a living off of music like A Fine Frenzy, James Morrison, Andrew Belle, Ryan Star, you know, those kinds of singers. Once in a while, it would play a song by The Civil Wars, but that's about as big as the artists would get. But that's my favorite kind of music, that more emotional, instrument based kind. A type of music that I would never expect Harry to like. I found myself to be suddenly fascinated by the young popstar who barely ever seemed to be like the way he let on.