Winter days - a Sweet One Shot

AUTHOR NOTE: I don't even know, but I thought about you when I wrote this one shot. Probably because I miss you as hell! Miss hugging you baby! Gosh I want this day all over again probably bc it was my best day ever! Anyway... Enjoy this one shot @winterdayys ! Besides from an amazing friend you're also a great writer! So never stop writing!

I stood up on the small ladder, taking a pile of CDs. Suddenly the door got open and the bell upon it jingle, letting the cold wind slip in the store. I smiled at the sight of him with his fedora on and the jacket. "Hey Bruno" I smiled as I stepped down in the ladder. "Hey Jani" he said. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine, you know... Just another day in the shop." I replied. He took a glance of the cd pile in my hand.

"What you got there?" He asked. "Oh these are copies of Simple Plan's new album." I said. "It got out recently and they're selling up like crazy." I added. He took one cd from the pile I held and examine it. "Hey!" I said taking it back from his hand. "If you want this, you'll need to buy it!" I said. "Oh c'monnnn Jani," he pleaded. "You know I don't have the money." He said. "I know Bruno, but there's nothing I can do!" I said, going and organizing the CDs under the letter 'S'. "You'll see Jani," he said. "One day you'll organize my CDs in their place." He said. I just smiled.

"So when are you done here?" He asked. "A few minutes. I just need to finish cleaning up." I said. "Good... I wanna show you something." He said. "What is it? I asked. "You'll see. It's a surprise." He smiled, causing his dimples to show. I couldn't help but smile as well. Bruno is my best friend. We're both in to music. But he is very talented, more than you can imagine! He's trying to break out to the world by writing songs and producing for other artists, but obviously he wants to be known as a singer. And he should be as well. As it is to me... I'm fine with my little music store. From CDs to records, I got every artist and band in this store. So yeah, it's not a world music domination, but it's my own kingdom.

I flicked the lights off and grabbed my coat and hat, wearing them on. As we got outside of the store, the winter chill hit us. The smell of freshness was all around us. "So... What did you wanted to show me?" I asked as I locked the store down. "Come with me." He reached his hand out to me. I took it and he started running, never letting me go. I laughed as I got dragged from behind. "When did you become so slow??" He asked as running. "The question is when did you become so fast!" I replied.

When he finally stopped I was already breathing heavily. He laughed at me. "Are you ok?" he asked. "Nah, I just love loosing the ability to breath!" I said sarcastically. He laughed at me and suddenly picked me up and carried me. "Wow you're heavy." He laughed. "
That's the one thing you don't say to a woman!" I chuckled and he smiled. "I was just kidding!" he smiled.

He carried me all the way through the park, straight to the lake. "Ok if you're gonna throw me in to the lake, I swear I'll kick you so hard." I chuckled. He pretended to throw me in to the lake, which caused a small scream slip out of my mouth, but he eventually put me down on the ground. "You're a jerk!" I stated. "Why thank you!" He chuckled.

I was sitting on the bench, watching the grey clouds that seems to bring rain in any minute, and the single red and yellow leaves that stayed on the tree falling down and joining the rest of the leaves on the ground, creating a beautiful winter sight. Bruno came and joined me, holding two Starbucks cups of coffee from the Starbucks stand a few meters away. "Thank you" I said politely as taking one cup from his hand. He joined next to me on the bench.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked after I took a sip of my cup, referring to the sight of the lake and the tree that left without any leaves. "Yeah" he said. "It's inspiring." He added. I smiled. "So that's what you wanted to show me?" I asked. "Yeah, it's amazing place to talk." He said. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked him. He took a breath and looked to the lake.

"So remember I told you about this meeting me and the Smeeze had?" He asked. "About the next artist to write with?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. "What about it?" I asked. "So we started working with him," he said. "And he wants me to feature on his song!" He said excitedly. I was shocked at his voice. A chirp of excitement left my mouth. "Oh my god Bruno!" I jumped on him and hugged him. "I'm so happy for you! You deserve it!" I said. "Thank you!" he said. We released the hug and I looked at him. "So how does it feels to soon be a superstar?" I asked smiling. He chuckled at me. "We didn't even start working on it!" He said. "Yeah I know... But I have a feeling things will work out this time." I said smiling. "You've been supporting me since we met." He said. "You're my best friend! Why wouldn't I?" I said. He just looked forward and remain silent. I could feel that something was wrong. Was it something I said?

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. He heaved a sigh. "A friend of mine.. he has a problem." He said. "What is it?" I asked. He swallowed. "So this friend of mine... So his best friend is truly amazing." He said. "She is beautiful and nice and funny... Ya know, that's what he said to me." He added. I just listened to him. "And he told me that he is in love with her, but he's afraid to tell her that because he's afraid their friendship would be destroyed. " He said. "Now I was thinking, since you're a girl... what should my friend do?" He asked.

Is he talking about himself? I thought to myself. He seemed way to nervous to talk about someone else. And who can be this girl he's in love with, if that's true?

"I think he should tell her how he feels." I said. "If she won't feel the same, and if they're rea lly mean so much to each other, then they'll remain friends." I added.

He looked up at me. I looked back at him. "So should I- I mean should he do this?" he corrected himself. "Yes." I said.

I look in his chocolate brown eyes, I could stare at them forever. They brought me comfort. He started leaning in to my direction. I got a little panicked. Does he in love with me? all this time?

I didn't stop him when his lips were placed on mine. Contrary, I gave in.

When we pulled out, I smiled. Suddenly, I felt droplets falling down. I looked upstairs and rain hit my face. Me and Bruno both laughed.

"Let's get out of here, before we'll be soaking wet." He said as grabbing my hand and running with him.