Chapter fifty

I plopped down on Chantelle's bed waiting for her to pick a dress. Tonight is Chantelle's date with Duncan as I tried to get rid of the knot in my stomach.

I finally got up from her bed to check on her when I haven't seen her in a while.

I walked into the closet and gasped at the mess. There was no floor in sight, just clothes piled on top.

Chantelle looked as though she was having a meltdown.

I grabbed her by the shoulders and slightly pushed her out of the closet. She was about to disagree but sagged her shoulders in defeat when she realised there was no point.

I turned around back to where the mess sat and started looking at the dresses. After a few minutes I decided on black jeans with a white bodysuit and a denim jacket. I then finished the look with black lace boots.

I gave it to Chantelle and plopped back down on her bed.

I decided to check my phone to see if Duncan had left anything opened from the other night, knowing though that everyone gets rid of everything they've done. Including browser history. Yet there was no harm in trying.

I was surprised to find my phone details were the first to pop up. That's weird. I thought that he was searching things up. After staring at my phone in deep though I shrugged off the thoughts that kept running in my mind and turned around when I heard boots clicking on the marble floor.

I looked her up and down nodding approvingly at my work and a proud look crossed my face.

"What do you think?" She started as I was about to speak. "Do I look ugly? Does it look like I'm trying too hard? I honestly think that I should change it-" Chantelle blabbered on.

I interrupted her frantic state."You look hot. You are no way in hell changing"

She checked her outfit again and blew out a sigh. "I'm sorry, I'm justgetting really nervous, he means a lot to me"

I couldn't seem to understand why he meant so much to her. He's honestly a jerk. But Chantelle seems happy and I need to respect her wishes. So I decided to put aside my pride for tonight.

"I understand" I smiled encouragingly. "Now have fun, you deserve this"

I curled her hair and touched up on her makeup.

There was a loud knock on the door indicating that he was here. Chantelle gave me a nervous yet excited look.

"May I escort you to the front door?" I bowed trying to get rid of her nervs. What? It was the only thing I could think of.

Chantelle played along and nodded her head. "You may" Chantelle giggled.

We made our way to the front door, Chantelle frantically skipping. I don't even understand how she can skip in those boots. The heels are so thin and tall. I'd probably fall and die. Unfortanetly.

Chantelle opened the door letting the cool breeze inside.

Outside stood Duncan in a handsome tuxedo as he grasped a bouquet of roses. I hated to admit it, but it was kinda cute.

"Chantelle" Duncan greeted with an unreadable expression. He gave Chantelle the flowers making Chantelle's eyes go wide in excitement.

"Thank you Duncan" Chantelle said with admiration.

Duncan set his eyes on me.

"Avery" Duncan greeted in a more excited tone.

"Duncan" I replied in a slightly bored tone.