Chapter Twelve

The blaring from a smoke alarm pounded throughout the rooms as I immediately sat up. Apart from the sun shimmering through the curtains everything else was a disaster.

Books from last night was scattered everywhere and wait.. is that smoke?

I quickly jumped out of bed running to where the smoke was. Chase stood by a pan which had flames engulfing it as he had a tea towel and was trying to put it out by waving it around.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled to him over the smoke alarm

He gave me serious look. "I'M PUTTING IT OUT"

I looked under thepan where the head was still on and I pushed Chase out of the way as I turnedoff the heat and put the lid on top of the pan.

We all breathed a sigh of relief as everything died down. I gave Charlie and Chase a murderous look but was interrupted by our phones voice mail.

"Hey kids I'll be home in 15 minutes" and then it ended.

"Shit" we all said, then we sprinted into action. Me doing the kitchen. Chase doing the living room and Charlie doing the bedroom. In a record time we did it in 8 and a half minutes.

Somehow all the smoke had disappeared, everything was neat and clean and the dishes were all cleaned and dried. I'm even surprised Chase chipped in to help.

"I'm going to get dressed for school" I tiredly said to Charlie and going to my wardrobe with was thankfully not trashed. I ended up choosing to wear denim jeans, a white jumper and white sneakers.

As I tried heading out I noticed mum was home and tried avoiding her just in case she knew what we were up to.

When I thought I had made it Mum yelled out to me.

"Can you clean your room we have guests coming over tonight" she stated rather than asked.

"Sorry I didn't realise the gathering will be held in my bedroom" I sarcastically replied.

She just gave me a glare that said "don't push it" and I decided against using another sarcastic remark.

I made it to school and caught up with Charlie, and I mean the gossip. Apparently a girl spilled her lunch on Lacy, even better; on purpose. As you can tell I already love this girl.

We were halfway through English when I really needed to go take a break from all of this work. I stopped by the teacher.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"What are you going to do?" he asked completely unaware of his stupid question. Ah let me see, what do girls do in bathrooms? 

"To slay a dragon" I said in a duh tone.

"Be back in 5 minutes" the teacher said, blushing from embarrassment from what he asked.

I just rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom.

As I opened the bathroom door and started walking in I immediately cursed and tried exiting the bathroom casually but Lacy heard me. She looked at me before laughing.

"You have such a cake face with all that make up on" Lacy said disgusted.

"There is a fine line between wearing makeup and looking like you got gangbanged by crayola" I said whilst looking Lacy up and down. I felt eyes on me but I just shrugged it off.

"Bitch" she said angrily. Is that like the only word she knows apart from makeup.

"Here's my cup of care. Oh look, it's empty" I said whilst smiling.

"Whatever, I got better things to do than talk to your lame ass" Lacy said and flicked her hair and walked away.

I bit my tongue back from any my sarcastic remarks because I know this ain't gonna end well.

"That was amazing" someone squealed behind me.

I turned around to face my favourite cousin Isabelle, the one that helped me through all of those times.

"Your here" I shouted and hugged her.

"Oxygen is needed" Isabelle said in between gasps and I let her go.

"What happened with 'let karma do her job?" Isabelle said with a grin.

"Well Karma here is on vacation" I said with a smirk.

"God I missed you, even though it's only been a week" Isabelle said and hugged me.

I had no idea why she'shere but I was sure as hell glad she's here.

××

Been ages since I updated, really sorry. But thoughts on the book so far?
Remember to comment and vote.                                                     - Ashley