Chapter Forty Six

"Is he gay?" Aiko said out of nowhere while we were watching American Psycho. Tinawagan niya ako kanina para samahan siyang magshopping. Ilang beses niya na akong inayang lumabas at palagi ko siyang tinanggihan. This time wala na akong maisip na dahilan and I didn't want her to think na iniiwasan ko siya. Naisip ko rin na I shouldn't let Tristan affect our friendship. Just because boyfriend niya na si Tristan, it doesn't mean we can't be friends anymore.

After shopping, pumunta kami dito sa condo niya at nanonood ng movie like we always do when we hang out. We spent the whole day together and surprisingly she never mentioned anything about Tristan. It was weird because she used to talk about him non-stop. 

I turned my head from the tv to her and gave her a weird look. "Patrick Bateman? No, I don't think he's gay...Sabi ko sa kanya. I reverted my eyes back to the tv and took a popcorn from the bowl.

"Not him. Si Tristan, is he gay?" She asked. 

I almost choked on the popcorn in my mouth and started coughing. Tristan? Gay? Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o ano. I never thought I'd hear Tristan and gay together in one sentence. We've lived together, we had GREAT sex... kahit kailan hindi pumasok sa isip ko ang idea na iyon. He is every inch a man at maraming beses niyang napatunayan iyon. 

"What made you think that?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

"We've been dating for almost a month and we still haven't... you know." She sighed and frowned.  "He's always making up excuses not to have sex with me. Oh I didn't bring any condom, I'm tired, I'm not in the mood." She rolled her eyes and popped popcorn in her mouth.

"So you mean, you guys never did 'it'? I asked surprised. She shook her head as an answer. "But I saw you... you were with him... on your bed... and you two were kissing."

"Nothing happened, he left right after you did. Sabi niya he didn't bring protection."  
Lumabi siya.Nothing happened between them... they never had sex? It made me pause for a moment. Nothing. Happened. It took some time for my brain to process what she said.  "Is something wrong with me? Am I not attractive enough?"

"No, no... there's nothing wrong with you, you're beautiful pero ikaw na nga ang nagsabi na he's different. Maybe he respects you enough and he just wants to take it slow." Sabi ko sa kanya.

"You think so?" 

"Uh-huh." I said.  "Are you happy with him, Aiko?"

"Of course, I am. I love him." Sabi niya. 

"Paano kapag bumalik ka na sa LA?" I asked. She only had two more weeks before she goes back to California. Tatlong buwan lang siyang puwede magstay dito sa Pilipinas dahil may mga trabaho pa siyang naiwan sa Los Angeles. 

"Sabi niya pupuntahan naman niya ako doon." She answered.