Chapter Four

Knowing the day was almost over got me through English class. Well, that and Aspen wasn't lying when she'd mentioned the English teacher was a complete cutie. His name was Mr. Tucker— or as we were told to call him, Kyle. With his gorgeous locks of semi-curly golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes, it was hard to find him unattractive. The way he dressed himself was also impressive. Light washed jeans, a white v-neck sweater. He looked like an angel. And what girl didn't like a guy with great taste? Especially one whose body was fit enough to make it work? Which is why it wasn't surprising that half the girls (if not all) were head-over-heels for him.

"Watch, watch. He's going to say 'you know' right now," Aspen whispered in my ear excitedly. "He says it like, every other sentence."

"And I don't want this class to be boring, you know," Mr. Tucker said, earning a giggle from Aspen. The blonde raised an eyebrow at her. "Something funny, Miss DeVous?"

She immediately dropped her gaze. "Nope."

Now I grinned and he turned his attention to me. A twinkle appeared in his eyes. "Would you care to explain, Miss..." He paused, his lips curving down. "I'm sorry, I forgot your name."

"Allie," I told him.

"Allie what?"

"Heywood."

"Well, Miss Heywood, what's so funny?"

I shrugged. "Oh, you know..."

This sent Aspen into a new fit of giggles. Mr. Tucker smiled at me. "No, actually, I don't know."

"Well, you know... It's just, you know. Whatever."

"Stop it!" Aspen cried in a harsh whisper. "Oh my god, my stomach hurts!"

Grinning like a maniac, it took all I had to hold in my laughter. Mr. Tucker stared at me for a few seconds, his eyes shining with curiosity before he returned his attention to the rest of class. "I'll never understand high school girls."

"Weren't you in high school like, four years ago?" Jake called from behind me.

"I was, but I was just an immature boy then. Now I'm all grown up and a manly man."

The class erupted into laughter and I half-smiled. Those who used the phrase "manly man" were not manly men. "That's cheesy," I whispered to Aspen.

"Doesn't matter. He's hot."

Once again Mr. Tucker caught my eye and smiled at me. I awkwardly smiled back and then quickly adverted my gaze. Aspen caught the little exchange and smirked at me. "And he's got the hots for you."

I almost snorted. "Where did you get that idea from?"

"The look in his eye."

"Spare me. I'm not interested in anyone that much older than me."

She shrugged. "He's only twenty-two. And besides, if your parents have enough money here, you can get away with dating him. It's technically not against school rules, especially seeing as how they are willing to make money in any way possible. Last year he dated a student for about four months before they broke up. I think her parents gave the school a quarter of a million."

"That's just... wrong."

"Wrong until you fall for him, Allie."

I rolled my eyes. "I won't."