Chapter Eleven: Busted (Fae's POV)

I tossed the yellow envelope down my balcony with one flick of my hand. It fluttered down and away from my hand and towards its destination. I had pulled on a black mini skirt and a leather jacket, with a matching pair of boots. My white blond hair was as straight as a needle. I didn't want to go back to Hell, but all of a sudden, I felt ready. As soon as this was all over my life would be back to normal. But what would I tell Drake? Should I tell him that I was seeing someone? Or that it wasn't going to work because he was one of Hell's Princes, and I was just a petty demon? Both of them were lies, but I had to stop all of this before it got out of hand.

I took a deep breath. The letter contained the information that Youkai needed so that we could meet up and she could take me to Hell. She and I would go back, I would meet with Drake, tell him it wasn't going to work out, and then leave. Come on, it was simple, right? A bit of my soul felt scared. I released the breath, then dove off of my balcony.

I fell fast, dropping tell I got close to the ground, then shot out my wings. Not many angels were around, which made it easy to maneuver above the streets. I could see the foggy lake off in the distance. I aimed towards it and kept on. 

Heaven was complicated. There were many different divisions that made it up. I worked in the Guardian District, Tink in the Love District, then there was the Life District which dealt with babies and health, and the Death District, which processed the souls of humans that had died and made it to Heaven. Tall buildings scattered the skyline above the clouds, though some looked more modern, and some looked like they were from the Greek and Roman periods. The angles had slowly built it up, working hard to make sure humans obeyed the rules laid down by my boss.

I now flew over the portal. The fog was thick, but I dove straight for it anyway. My body hit the water and slowly started to sink down. I could feel the cool water on my skin, though I knew that once I was in my destination I would be dry. I suddenly felt disoriented, and started to float up. I shut my eyes and landed on the ground with a thud! I was in the same ally that Youkai and I normally transported to. It was night on Earth, and the Las Vegas crowd's made it hard to maneuver through the city.I quickly made my way through the busy streets till the crowds thinned and I found myself in a back ally pawn shop. There was only one light nailed to the wall, but it didn't produce much light. I leaned up against the cold brick and waited for my demon friend.

I tried to be patient, but what was one minute turned to five, then ten, then thirty. Where was she? Youkai was hardly ever later. Had she even gotten the letter yet? Maybe she was 'working' when I sent it to her, and she had just read it.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I smiled and looked to my left where my ally intersected with another. "Well speak of the dev-" I snapped my mouth shut. This demon was not Youkai. He stood tall and wore only a black t-shirt and jeans. His black hair was neatly combed, and his black eyes looked straight at me.

"Hello Fae. Nice to see you." Jace leaned against the same wall that I was on. He smiled and winked.

"What are you doing here..." My eyes got wide and my face turned white.

"Just dropping by." He chuckled to himself.

"Jace! You bastard! I fucking HATE YOU!" Youkai screamed and ran up from behind him. She was out of breath and her face was bright red, which I wasn't sure was from running or from rage towards Jace."

"You brought him?! Youkai!" I raised my voice too. How could she? Wait, he still didn't know I was an angel, I just had to keep my cool and make sure that he understood that Youkai and I were just on Earth to take a breath from Hell.

Jace laughed. "Fae, I know you're an angel." He grinned a huge smile.

"Shit." I groaned and leaned back against the wall.