Chapter Nine: Tink (Fae's POV)

"Gabby?" I asked the fifteen year old human. "Gabby, can you hear me?" We were out in a large ravine. My mission was to recover and help the human.

"I-I tried to run away...and t-the rock hit me...and...how do you know my name?" She looked up at me. Her thick black hair was in a pony tail, though half of it had fallen out due to the fact that she was rolled down the ravine by the rocks.

"I know, and it doesn't matter." I lifted her up onto my shoulder. The ravine cut deep into the ground. I stepped up onto one of the larger rocks. I started to tilt, and was forced to step off. "Gabby?" I looked behind me. She was passed out. I smiled, perfect. 

I shot my wings out of my back and shot out into the air. The treetop was thick, but I was able to make it through without waking Gabby. I looked of into the distance. There was a road about a mile away, and it wouldn't take me long at all if I was flying, so I shot into that direction.

After a few minutes and a few close calls of Gabby almost waking up, I finally made it to the road. I spotted an eighteen wheeler parked on the side of the road. I slowly drifted to the massive car and planted my feet firmly on the ground. The driver had pulled over to sleep. I quietly opened the passenger side door and placed Gabby in the seat. I looked her up and down. She was pretty young. I plucked one of my feathers and rested it gently on her lap. I quickly closed the door and walked around to the driver's side. I opened his door and whispered into the asleep truck driver's ear.

"She is injured and you need to take her to the hospital in the next town over. You need to tell the doctors that her name Wednesday Webster." I smiled at the name choice. "Now wake!" I yelled the last part and shot into the air before the awakening truck driver knew what happened.

Every human on Earth has angels that watch over them, but only a handful have angels that come down and help them out. I was Gabby's guardian angel, and I would see her later on. It was my job to make sure she was safe and had a good life. I might come back to Earth looking like my original self, or I might use a disguise. I smiled down at her. She was a good kid. She had  a troubled life, but she would make it out okay. I wished she knew. I liked Gabby. She was one of the humans that I really thought pleased God. I wondered what she would do when she got to Heaven, whenever she did. I smiled at the thought of her flying for the first time. I sighed to myself and flew back to Heaven. I could have taken the portal back, but I preferred to fly given my mood.

Once I made it back it was about ten o'clock. A few groups of younger angels were out hanging out with each other. A few whispered to their friends about me. Being a guardian angel was a very special privilege. I smiled to myself and continued on to my apartment. It had been a good day, and I was expecting a letter from Youkai soon. Finally I was at my large apartment building. I got to the very top floor and scanned my self in.

My sweat from my previous mission made me uncomfortable, so I decided to take a shower as soon as possible. My apartment was a good size. The first room you saw when you walked in was the living room. I had a large TV which displayed human and angel television, two white couches which made a right angle. One couch faced the TV, the other faced the large glass doors which opened to my balcony. To the right of the living room was my kitchen. It was small, but it got the job done. Connected to it was a small hallway which opened into my bedroom and bathroom. My bedroom was medium sized, with a queen sized bed facing a large oval mirror, a dresser, and a nightstand. Just outside my  bedroom was a small space in which I put a desk, though I barely ever used it.

As I turned on the water and undressed, I looked myself up and down in the large vanity mirror. My hair was light blond, with bangs that covered my eyebrows and almost covered half of my light blue eyes. I liked my eyes the best, they were almost white, that's how light they are.I had white skin, though I had a bit of a tan to it. I was pretty fit, well toned, and about five feet six inches. I looked like I was in my early twenties in human years, though I was much older.