Chapter 3: The Luxor (Fae's POV)

The black paper engulfed in flame shot quickly into my hand. I swayed my feet over the edge of the railing on my balcony. My choppy blond hair fluttered around. You could see practically all of Heaven from my apartment.

Dear Fae,

Beat ya there! Can’t wait to be on Earth! And in Sin City too! I've haven’t any time to go to Earth lately... This should be interesting... 

Your favorite demon,

Youkai

I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it behind me. It quickly disintegrated and vanished before it hit the floor.

I shot my wings out and jumped from the balcony. Not a lot of people were in the sky. Not every angel had wings. Mostly guardian angels had them, with the exception of a few of God's favorites. 

Below me lay Heaven. Everything was shiny and clean, white, gold, and silver, and covered with ancient looking and modern buildings. 

So Youkai thought she was going to get to Las Vegas before me, huh? She might get there first, but I still know how I can beat her at something. I grinned to myself. I'm not the best angel, morally, but I'm still pretty damn good.

I shot down out of the sky and towards the misty lake that lay outside inner city heaven. I dove quickly through fog and into the water. I felt my body being surrounded by the cold. I felt my body sinking downward, but then it changed, I was starting to rise.

I turned a street corner. The portal worked in mysterious ways, you had to concentrate hard on where you wanted to go for it to work. I remembered the street corner from my last visit. As soon as I took in my surroundings I rushed to the Luxor Hotel. It would have been quicker to use my wings, but unfortunately, there were too many people around and I would be risking exposing angels.

I saw her there. Youkai was sitting in a seat at an Oxygen Bar. I smiled and fixed my hair.

"Howdy." I said resting my hand on my hip and raising my eyebrow.

Youkai glanced up at me. "Hello Fae. Long time no see." She smiled almost wickedly, though I knew she meant no harm. Youkai was wearing a black skirt and ripped red tights. She wore blood red stilettos that, if any sharper, would stick to the ground. She had on a black tube top (which showed off her cleavage... a lot...) Her black hair was laid messily over her shoulders. Her eyes flickered from red to blue, blue being the color humans say them, and red, the color any spirit saw them. "I told you I would beat you here." She smirked.

"Tell you what," I narrowed my eyes. "I'm about to commit a sin." Youkai froze. "Lets go gamble.

- - - 

It felt so wrong, it felt so right, don't mean I'm in love tonight.

Lyrics blasted through the speaker as we walked through the casino.  Things seemed to go in slow motion. It seemed like everyone we passed stared at us. My blond hair was styled messily. I was wearing a hot pink strapless dress and my shiny black boots led my way through the casino. My wings vanished and in their place was a pair of small wings tattooed on the back of my shoulders. "Let's see, how many sins am I commiting right now? Gambling, guys are staring at me, so Lust..." I thought to myself. I batted my emrald green eyes. I was in good shape, and the dress fit perfectly. 

"I love Las Vegas." Youkai plainly stated. 

"You haven't even bet money yet." I chuckled to myself. We walked over to a slot machine. "It's not much, but hey, its good for beginners." i nudged Youkai with my elbow.

"Some angel you are, gambling and stuff."

"Hey, my job is hard, humans are stupid." An elderly lady glanced at me. I smiled and turned back to Youkai. She was sitting at the slot machine, not doing anything, just starring at it. "Seriously?" I luaghed. " I thought you were from Hell, you never gamble? I mean it's slots, man!"

Youkai glared at me. "Shut up, Fae!" Her eyes flickered from blue to red again. 

"Just put the coins in the slot, pull the lever, and see if you have a match." I told her while pointing at what to do.

Youkai pushed one of the coins into the slot and pulled down on the lever. Lights flashed and the wheels spun. Finally, they started to slow down.

No match.

Youkai's eyes stayed red, and she jumped up from the seat. "Fae! This game is stupid!"

"Youkai, the chances that you're going to win are slim, it's luck and statistics." I smiled and patted her on the shoulders. "Now watch how a pro does it." I sat down in the seat and repeated the instructions I had told my demon friend. The lights fashed and the wheels spun. I said a silent prayer to my boss. Everything slowed. My vision blurred and I suddenly saw God sitting behind his desk. He looked the same as I had seen him earlier. 

"Fae, what are you doing?" He said calmly. It was...creepy.

"Um, well, I was with a friend, and um, it is Vegas, and it's not that bad..."

"A gambling guardian angel?" He sighed and I was back in the casino.

"Fuck you." Youkai was standing over me glaring. The symbols matched. I had won.