Chapter 7: Cinderella in Hell (Fae's POV)

My breathing sped up. I had never been in Hell before. I had read stories, seen pictures, heard accounts from only a few other angels, and all of them were off. I thought Hell would be scary, but actually, none of it frightened me that much. Youkai had transformed me into a demon for the night, and my tongue danced across the sharp teeth in my mouth. As we walked down the black marble stairs to the children of Lucifer, my eyes wandered around the other demons in the grand hall. Most of the women had on either skin tight or very poofy dresses, decorated with tattoos, dark make up, and porcelain white or black skin. There were tables set to the side of the wall, decorated with hundreds of trays of food and wine. Large goblets were stacked into a pyramid shape next to a large bowl filled with blood red wine. There was a large array of cakes, chocolates, and other desserts -including devil's food cake- sat on the tables.

At the back of the hall sat Lucifer's family. I noticed that there were seven demons that I assumed were his children. One, who looked the oldest, sat wearing a black and red pinstripe suit and tie. He had a sharp chin and shallow cheek bones. His black hair was styled spiky and with gel. His eyes were pure black, and a sly smile was spread across his face. His legs were spread open. "Cocky." I thought. Next to him was a demon that looked about twenty-five in human years. Her hair was jet black like her oldest brother's, but it was very...poofy. It was curled in many different sizes, and because of the hairspray that was stuck to it, she could have been hanging upside down and not messed up her hair. She was wearing a black and neon pink dress, and it looked like if she bent over, her boobs would fall out.  Her eyes were red, and her arms were crossed impatiently. "Judgemental." The third son was wearing a plain black suit and tie, though his suit was unbuttoned one button, and his tie had been loosened. He had blond hair that was down to his chin, and it had been styled messily. He looked Youkai and I's age, twenty-two. His chin was cupped in his hand, and his eyes scanned the room. I couldn't think about what described him. "Maybe he's the evil sibling." I chuckled in my head. Next to him was another son, who looked like he was twenty and going to jump out of his seat with excitement. He had on a blood red suit, and red tie, and red shoes. "He looks like a drop of blood." I laughed in my head. He had red hair, styled like Elvis' which seemed to suit him. He was very fidgety, and he kept crossing and uncrossing his legs. Next to ginger Elvis were two demon girls, who I assumed were twins. Their hair was matching, purple, and was styled with a straightener. Their dresses were black and white striped, a tight corset wrapped around their stomach. They looked about eighteen in human years. The final child of Lucifer looked about fifteen. He was wearing a suit like the third oldest. His hair was white. and short and spiky. He was tapping his feet with the loud music. 

Youkai curtsied to the siblings. I did the same.

"Hello Youkai." The oldest son stood up and took my friend's hand and kissed it. He slowly worked up her hand till she pulled away from him. 

"Hello Jace." She rolled her eyes. Jace bent down and kissed my hand as well. "This is Durisilla." The oldest daughter smiled at me, only for a second, and replied by saying

"How do you do."

"This is Drake." At first the second oldest son's eyes didn't look at me, but before Youkai could introduce me to the third eldest son, his eyes locked onto mine. They looked me up and down, and finally rested back on my eyes. He nodded and stood up. He was tall, maybe five-ten. He gave a crooked smile. "Hello." His voice didn't sound as harsh as his fathers. "And this is Lucien." The red head shot up out of his chair and shook my hand. He didn't seem like he would be a demon. 

"Isn't Hell wonderful?" He smiled again and sat down. Okay... maybe still a little like a demon.

"Kali and Kala." Youkai pointed to the twins. They hushed a hello, but their attention quickly changed to focus on a group of passing male demons. "And this is Rhain." The youngest son stood up and bowed in front of us. 

"Ladies."

"Everyone, this is Fae." My heart almost stopped.

"Um...Hello." My body seemed to freeze.

"Youkai, darling, care to dance?" Jace suddenly popped up behing Youkai and I.

"Actually...Fae and I were going to..." Jace grabbed Youkai by the waist and hoisted her up onto his shoulder. 

"JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Youkai screamed as the hit his back with her hands.

I looked forward. The devil's family was staring at me.  I looked back to Youkai, who was trying to unhook Jace's fingers from her hips. I looked back. "I um... guess I should...um..." They sat and watched me. I scratched my head and looked behind me for a place to run to."Still looking." I thought.

"Let's dance." The youngest son stood up and took my hand. I had to be at least three inches taller than him. He gave me a big grin and walked me onto the dance floor. A heavy metal song came on, and Rhain seemed to have heard it thousands of times before. He started to dance, I couldn't tell, the music was a mix of metal and classical. One of Rhain's hands hooked to my waist and the other grabbed my hand. He smiled and started to dance. I tried to follow along as best as I could. He spun me around and looked me up and down. He and I laughed. He seemed nice enough. If only he was an angel...and older. "Enjoying the dance?" He asked while dancing with me. 

"Uh, I guess." I smiled shyly and looked a few feet away at Youkai, who was frowning and trying to pry herself away from Jace. He had a creepy smile on his face and seemed to be enjoying the dance.

A few more songs passed. "Mind a break?" I asked, tired, at Rhain.

"Sure toots." He winked and danced his way through the crowd to a group of demons that seemed to be around his age and his friends. I carefully walked through the crowd of dancing demons to the many tables that carried trays of food. A servant that looked like he belonged in the grave handed me a goblet, and I scooped up the thick wine. A slow song came on, it still had some metal in it, but it was slow. The lights dimmed, and groups of demons stepped off the floor to grab a refreshment. As I turned around I was suprised to see Drake. He smiled the same crooked smile. It was...cute.

"If you wouldn't mind," He took another goblet from the sevant and filled it. "I'd like a dance." I was about to protest that there weren't many people on the floor and I was shy, but her gently grabbed my hand and led me towards to middle of the floor. My heart started to pound again, but I couldn't protest without making a scene. I spotted Youkai across the hall who had a horrified look on her eyes. I felt like everyone's eyes were on me.

Drake slowly started to dance, and all I could do was follow along. Our bodies pushed closer and Drake spun me once. Our bodies continued to sway, and we slowly worked across the middle of the dance floor. My eyes locked on his, and his to mine. He gave me the same smile, but it seemed...sincere. WE dance for what seemed forever. Only a few people were on the floor. I thought it wasn't going to get worse, but I suddenly saw Lucifer and his wife dancing about twenty feet away from us. He was wearing a black leather suit and she a leather dress decorated with smal skulls. The devil had high cheek bones and black hair slicked back with gel. His wife looked exactly like her eldest daughter. "What have I gotten myself into?" I cried in my head. Another moment that seemed like forever. Now I knew everyone's eyes were on Drake and I. His eyes stayed locked on mine, and I finally started to relax. Finally, as the song started to end, he dipped me down.

"Thankyou." He whispered into my ear. He held me for a few seconds, and then kissed me gently on the lips. He lifted me back up. I didn't know what to do. I- I had to get back up to Heaven...I had to get out of here. Half of me thought I needed to get out of here like a bat out of...well...Hell. But the other half of me wanted to stay. Suddenly I felt my feet start to run. I ran and heard murmurs of the other demons. I looked back and saw Drake standing in the middle of the floor. One of his hands was still in the same place as it was when I jerked and seperated out hands. His eyes were still locked in mine, but they looked, hurt. 

I got halfway up the stairs till I tripped. I pulled myself up, noticing that one of my shoes had fallen off and was still on one of the steps. I didn't bother to stop. I ran out of the ball, only to hear more murmurs and Youkai trying to chase after me.