Chapter 10: Unspoken Truth (Youkai's POV)

“There are spirits that are stuck on Earth, you need to bring them here,” Lucifer ordered. I nodded.

“Yes sir,” I said.

“Here are the coordinates,” he said handing me a paper with four coordinates on it. I took it gladly. “Good, now go get dressed, you’re not going to Earth wearing that.” He feigned a shiver and smirked at me before walking away. I sighed and walked back into my room. I shook off my purple and black footie pajamas and pulled on some black short shorts with a black tank top. I slipped on some black sneakers and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. My attire for errands like this one. I opened my door and there was Jace.

“Hey, sexy, going on to catch a spirit, I assume?” he questioned while eyeing me. I nodded.

“A few,” I said before strutting by Jace as he walked into my room.

“What’s this? It’s like the only white thing in your room,” he said. Puzzled, I peeped back in the room to see him picking up a white envelope that sat on the table on my balcony. There was only one person I know who’d use a white envelope-she hasn’t sent me one in over a week. “Hey! It’s a letter from Fae! You guys write letters still? What losers,” he winked at me.

“HEY! Gimme that!” I shouted, reaching up to get the letter. Jace held it high above my head and, seeing as how he was a good six inches taller than me, I failed to reach it. “Jaaace!” I whined. “Give me back my letter you asshole!”

“Why is it so important? I just want to read it!” he frowned.

“It’s not yours! Give it back now!” I ordered.

“Only if you tell me why it’s so damn important to you!” he barked back.

“Because it’s mine, Jace!” I shouted.

“Give me a better reason,” he demanded.

“Jaace!” I whined.

“Kaaai!” he mocked.

“It’s private,” I told him.

“Kai, just let me read it,” Jace said. “Or at least exchange it for a quick kiss.” I rolled my eyes and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“Better?” I asked.

“Mmm, nope! I need a real kiss,” he said.

“You manipulative jerk,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Kiss me or I’ll read the letter,” he threatened. I dramatically gulped down a fake nervous ball of bile down and got on my toes and let our lips touch. I gave him the most intimate kiss he’d ever have with me, our lips moving in a perfect symphonic way. His arms relaxed and moved to the small of my back and his tensed position became tranquil. Slowly, I pulled my lips away from his and smirked.

“Better?” I asked, coking my eyebrow.

“Oh yeah,” he breathed.

“Good!” I plucked the letter from his hand and skipped off the balcony with it. “Then this is mine again!” With that, I stuffed my letter in between my shorts and my body and hid it under my shirt. “Hey! Do what you do best and turn me, will ya?” I shouted at the Jace that was daydreaming on my balcony.

“Y-yeah sure!” he said before coming to my side. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” he asked before starting the short ritual.

“Oh right! The thing you distracted me from getting!” I playfully glared at him.

“Hey!” he frowned. I winked at him before I started running down the hall. I grabbed the rope and wrapped it around a belt loop. I went back to Jace.