The Beating

The next morning i woke up a 7:00 from the noise of Emily struggling  with something. I sat up to see her trying to shove a piece of paper in her back pack i giggled a little bet and went over to her and helped her. I grabbed a folder that i never use but had drawings all over it put the paper inside of the folder and put the folder in her bag. Doing this for Emily made me want to have a younger siblings but i knew that that couldn't happen. She looked up and my ugly face because i wasn't put together for the day yet. "Thank you." she said setting it down and leaving the room so i could get changed. I saw a little stack of cloths on Emily's dresser and had a little note on top of it. 

Here is a outfit for you Callie i even added a little accessories you can have it all i hope you like it love Pammy!

I smiled at the note and it just made me miss my mom even more because when she would pick my outfit out for me she always had a little note about to stay positive and how i should have a good day at school. I never got to see her in the morning because she was always off to work. Anyways i got dressed and headed out the door and walked to school. When I walked into the school everyone was staring at me and I didn't know why, but then i remembered that I had a huge black eye. I started going to my next class,  Science, as i hear a little voice call me name behind me. "Callie, Callie." I looked back to see who it was and it was not really one of my friends (I didn't really have any friends) Ali. "Hey what's up Ali?" she pulled up her books so they won't fall and pushed her classes back on her face. "Nothing are you ready for Science?" She asked I laughed at what she said because i never pay attention in that class, but it felt good to laugh. "Hell no and in fact I think I'm gonna take a nap in this class!" I said proudly. She looked at me really weird and just noticed my black eye. "What happened to your face?" I stuck to my story i told Mr.Smith. "A couple girls beat me up its no big deal." She looked at me with her eyes in shock. 

"Not a big deal?" She said really loud. 

"Yes!!" 

She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the bathroom. "I'm gonna through up!" Ali yelled to get everyone out of the bathroom and it worked. 

"Who beat you up?" She said as i can see her eyes fill with anger. 

"These girls from east side I'm fine its no big deal" I started getting better at telling this lie. 

"Who what where their names!" She looked at me in the eyes and I couldn't tell if she believed me or not. 

"I don't know their names!" The bell rang I started walking toward  the bathroom door when Ali grabbed my arm. That was my hurt arm, "Ouch!" I said out loud, "Shit shes gonna think its a big deal if she sees the bruise. 

"I didn't even grab you that hard calm down!" She said not asking why i said ouch. 

I knocked her hand off my arm and it slid off like nothing. If only I was this strong in front of my dad. I left the bathroom and didn't go to science instead I left the school and ran off. I went home grabbed my bike and grabbed a couple things like my stuff and headed off. I didn't know where I was going but I wanted to be anywhere but at school or at home. I got tired and I stopped by a gas station and got a snack and water. I looked at my wallet I only had 5 dollars i needed to save my money if I was gonna get away with running away. So I put the snack in my bag before paying and bought a bike lock and water. When I came out of there i only had 3 dollars left. I needed to get more money and fast but where? Then I remembered i used to help the animal shelter get dogs adopted. I got on my bike and rode to the animal shelter, when i got there i asked the lady if i could work there for a couple hours. The lady said yes, when we went to go get my stuff to work with the dogs i saw this adorable little puppy. 

I saw in this puppy's eyes what i experience every day...... fear.