A Small Comfort

It was a bit of a rough day, but the whole week had been shitty so the thought of going of home and brewing herself some hot coffee did lessen some of her nerves. The Malaysian girl sighed to herself as she went into the elevator and pushed the button to her floor. 

   "Maybe I could add in a nice warm bath? It isn't that late yet so why not?" She thought to herself. 

She looked up from her shoes to see the reflection from the elevator. Her black hair was getting a bit longer than her usual style. Added that it was also a bit frazzled from the heat and haze, she couldn't help but cringed when she noticed the other features.

Her eyes were sunken and had dark circles underneath. The light blue dress shirt she was wearing for the meeting was crippled and had a stain near her stomach. 

"Oh Allah, please end my misery..." she whispered sadly while rubbing the side of her temple.

   When she did arrive to her apartment, she suddenly noticed a pair of shoes that was not hers, neatly tucked on her shoes rack. It was a male's. 

Brunei? Cambodia? Thailand? 

   She quickly walked in and checked her living room to see no one was there. When she arrived at her kitchen, she could see a meal under a tudung saji. She lifted it up to see a full meal with chicken curry, rice, ulam and sambal. But it was already cold and it looked like half of it was already eaten by someone else.

 Alone.

   She ignored the rumbling from her stomach and went upstairs and already knew where she could find the mystery person. The door gave a small creeking sound when she opened it. And there she saw the culprit that sneaked into her house, neatly arranged the shoes at her shoe rack, made a full meal to enjoy together and had to eat it all alone by himself.

   In the small office of her home stood the person she had loved the most and still possibly love until today. In there was...

"Russell..." She whispered shakily, her eyes were brimming with tears.

   The man in question was fast asleep. His head was in his arms on the study table in the room. His glasses were still on and was making a pinkish dent on his face from the pressure.

   She walked hesitantly towards him, trying to not make a sound to wake the man up. She sat on the extra chair besides him and stared at him. She noticed the pinkish blush on his face from sleeping in such a room with no air conditionings or even a fan in sight. 

   She chuckled to herself, thinking about how foolish this man can be. He knew she was going to have a meeting until late tonight. He knew she was possibly coming home late or not coming home at all yet he made food and even waited for her.

"Only God knows how much I love you..." She whispered before heading to another room to find a pillow and got herself a change of clothes. 

The next morning, the Singaporean man woke up with a shock to see the girl he was waiting for all night was just besides him, still fast asleep on the floor of the room, a bit of drool coming out of her mouth.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I know it has been a really long time and I feel really guilty since there as still people who liked these small stories I made when I was younger even though I feel like it was as cringy as hell, you guys can hmu with questions in the comments or if you wanna request smth through message I don't mind! 

I hope I can continue to make all of you happy!