Chapter 35

"Maddie?" Michael's voice rang through my head. I was in a lot of shock to say the least. I had a million things running through my mind and I couldn't decide if they were good or bad. My jaw had dropped slightly at the news and I finally was able to choke out a few words.

"Why?" I breathed out, looking from my hands into Michael's eyes that had brightened. I shook my head, still letting all of the 'what if's' go through my head. "Why would she ever give up her promotion for me?"

"She hasn't told you anything, has she?" He chuckled, wrapping his arms tighter around me.

"No. Nothing." My eyes widened, seeing as there was clearly more to the story than just not moving.

"Kim is still going on the promotion, they were just able to relocate her closer." He cleared his throat, letting himself speak louder. "That's why she called to tell you that she was delaying her flight for a week. She nearly gave me her ticket, then she decided packing up everything in this house and moving it to your other new one would be a better idea."

"Other new house? You mean I'm not going back home?" My mind was registering these new ideas back and forth as they were being thrown at me, it was like they weren't even happening.

"Well, technically, no." He admitted as he nodded his head to the side. "It's just the same area. You'll be about 25 minutes from where you used to be." He glanced back down at me, noticing I still looked a little shocked. "Well?" He question, giving me a half smile.

"I don't know what to think." I stumbled over my words, truly not knowing what to think. Obviously, I was very happy. I could reunite with my best friends, my mother, and Michael and live there happily. Yet on the other hand, I was beginning to look forward to this new adventure in this big city with Cas, but in all honesty this side of the country wasn't exactly me.

"Think about this." Michael mumbled, dragging my attention towards him again after being distracted one too many times. Once I caught the gleam in his eye I felt his fingertip under my chin, pulling me in for a sweet kiss. I had missed the feeling of kissing him, so I had taken advantage of the moment and deepened it for a moment then pulled back just barely.

"I think it's a good choice." I faintly said, letting a smile grow across my lips which Michael had leaned into once again. He sat up, still attached to me, and let me sink further down into the cushions. Eventually, he was hovering over me as he supported himself with one arm and one was scooped under the small of my back. I was lazily playing with hairs on the back of his neck and was disappointed when he broke away earlier than I had expected.

"You should probably call your mom, let her know that your surprise came." He told me, removing his hand from my back and tucking my falling bangs away. I grabbed his hand from the side of my face and interlocked my fingers with his own.

"What surprise?" I asked, not thinking that there could be any of a bigger surprise than Michael popping up at my front door. He raised hie eyebrows at me, indicating that he wa actually the surprise, well more of what he just told me, but you get it. "Oh! Wow, okay, I knew that." I exclaimed. "Look at me go." I giggled, watching Michael's smile grow from above me.

"Goodnight." He yawned, putting all of his weight onto me, earning a groan from me.

"Michael." I whined as Michael's body weight put even more pressure on my chest, making it hard to get my words out. He mumbled a few words and the vibration from it tickled against my chest. "It's only 5." I stated, squinting my eyes at the clock in the kitchen.

"It's midnight somewhere." He said, just barely audible. I rolled my eyes as a yawn followed his words. I understood that his road trip probably caused him to be exhausted, but I was on an adventure kick. I wanted to get up ad do something.