Chapter 33

I was sat in my living room with a book in hand, cuddling into the blanket I had draped over me. There was no sound but faint nose from the fan above me. It felt empty, but it wasn't a terrible thing. A little peace and quiet never hurt anyone.

The past week and a half had dragged on, probably since I had built my hopes up to see my mom, but she had actually postponed it so there wasn't anything to look forward to besides the new job I received and the few times Cas had come over.

Cas was a very interesting person, I guess you could say. He was a bit weird and a bit too giddy for my liking, but he really was great. He did made my first week here bearable and enjoyable. You could tell he came from a good family. He was extremely well mannered when out in public and let loose when it was just us or his friends. I hadn't learned too deep about his life, nothing like I had learned about Michael, at least.

I shut my book as my thoughts were now getting too crowded and I couldn't focus on the words I was just blankly scanning over and over again. It was around 5pm which was when Cas said he got off work and was bringing over the best pizza in town. Even though he wasn't from around this area, it was obvious he had already explored every inch of it.

I pulled myself from the couch and stretched out my arms. I was feeling quite lazy today and there was no denying that. I eventually made my way to my room, throwing on somewhat acceptable clothes. I didn't think presenting myself in my pajamas to a person I've know for less than 2 weeks was very etiquette, so I settled for my normal jeans and a t-shirt.

My messy hair was rebraided and left to hangover my right shoulder with was also a norm for me. As if on queue, I heard the doorbell ring just as I finished on the last of my mascara.

"Just a second!" I yelled out. The possibility of him not hearing me was extremely high since my room was away from the front door. I leaned back away from the mirror, smoothing down my hair and clothes. As I ran to the door, he had rang the doorbell once more, telling me he wasn't a patient one.

"Hi." I said shortly as I had been somewhat out of breath from sprinting to the door. He gave me his signature smirk, beaming his perfect white teeth at me. Even as a guy he was intimidating to me, if he was a girl I would probably steer clear in hopes of me not insulting them with my own looks.

"Evening." He replied. "I've actually got to run by my house real fast and I wanted to drop these off first." His arms held out a small box of pizza, which I implied was for us, obviously. "You can come if you want." He insisted, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why not?" I asked rhetorically. I scurried to the kitchen, placing the warm box down on the counter then going back to my front door.

"I'm not in any hurry." He politely said, shaking his head slightly as he still smiled. He gestured for me to come out and I followed him as he walked right by my side. We made small talk and kept a small conversation going as we made out way across the street. It was impeccable how well he was at keeping things going.

Since he had literally lived across the street from me, the walk was very short and we were already on his front porch. He unlocked his front door that was nearly all glass and let me step inside first. I looked up and around, noticing that the layout of the home was very similar to mine.

"This is so weird." I muttered to myself.

"What's weird?" He called from behind me. I turned around to see him already walking towards me. He passed me and waved me to follow him.

"Oh, it's just that your place looks like mine." I let out a gentle laugh, walking down the similar long hallway to the downstairs bedroom. I noticed he had up pictures of his family along the walls that he has painted red. I has taken notice in how they all looked the same with their glimmering eyes and perfect smiles. I smiled lightly to myself, wondering how nice it would've been to have such a normal family. But it would probably get boring I would think, my mother and I are basically crazy and it makes life a bit more livable.