Chapter Fifteen- A Hopeless Love Story

*I’m quite the romantic….* *The dress is on the side...yeah...like THE dress from Cali*

Saturday evening had arrived and I was starting to regret the plans I had made with Zach.

            “You cannot cancel your date with him.” Vanessa argues; glaring at me as I make no move to get up from the bed and change into something decent.

            “It’s not a date.” I protest, glancing up from my homework long enough to glare at her.

            “Besides,” she continues, ignoring what I just said. “He sounds like a total hunk.”

            “You can have him.” I tell her as I muddle through math problems.

            “I have a fiancé, remember?” she casually reminds me, holding up her left hand to once again show me her very sparkly diamond ring.

            “How on earth could I forget about darling Fredrick?” I sarcastically respond, rolling my eyes as I slam my textbook shut and stand up. “Oh Fredrick, I love you!” I mock, holding my hands to my heart as I dance around the room with the expression on my face that Vanessa wears too often in his company. “Fredrick, lets make out! Your lips are so soft, Fredrick!”

            “Shut up!” Vanessa giggles, chucking a pillow at my head. “Are you jealous that I’m getting more action then you?”

            “Not in the slightest.” I cheekily respond, smiling before dropping back on to my bottom bunk. For a minute or so all conversation ceased.

            “You can’t cancel.” she tells me, bringing back the original topic of conversation.

            “Can too.”

            “Can not.”

            “Can too.”

            “I’m not getting into this argument with you. What time is he supposed to pick you up?” Vanessa asks.

            I rack my brain for the time he had conveyed to me Tuesday evening when he stopped by the dorm. Vanessa had gone out with Max and Ava, leaving just him and I alone. When I walked him out, he gave Ava and Max’s door a strange look. I asked them if he knew the girls in there and his only response was maybe. It was quite the cryptic scene. Maybe one of them was his ex-girlfriend.

            “6 o’clock.” I mutter, grumpily averting my gaze from hers.

            “Great. We’ve got plenty of time to get you ready!”

            “I didn’t know this was a group activity.” I tell her.

            “If it was you on your own, you’d go in a neon green sundress.”

            “There is nothing wrong with neon green.” I say, even though I knew that there was in fact quite a bit wrong with neon green. At this point I was just arguing for the sake of argument.

            Vanessa gives me a very pointed look which is then followed with grimace.

            “But I don’t feel good!” I whine, knowing full well that there was no way I was going to win this argument. There was another reason I didn’t want to go though. It was a reason I was really trying to ignore; Louis missed me.